Why become a member? ×

Downsizing your pedalboard

DiMarco

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1417361975' post='2619546']
Only two? That would be hard ... not counting a tuner, and not cheating with a multieffect ;) I think maybe I'd go with a VT Bass DI (which in a way is a multi with dirt, EQ and DI) and maybe a chorus or phaser. I'm glad I don't have choose though. :)

Edit: BTW, I have a similar picture I took only a few days ago ...
[/quote]

Hahaha that is awesome!!!!

VT Bass DI and Darkglass B7K.

Dirt is the only real sound I would ever want. As others above, octaves you can recreate, I have a Wal so if I'm clever and can get wah-type tones fiddling the filters, delay I could do if I repeated notes steadily reducing my attack, reverb if I played in a cave, chorus if I plugged in a mic and sung the same note I play, tremolo do the same but nervously....

[quote name='BeardyBob' timestamp='1417689810' post='2623013']
I use a tuner & sansamp. I'd rather use a tuner & nice head, but I wasted a lot of money on effects. F*ck you effects. 98% of the time no-punter knows what the bass is anyway. 98% of the time they do, no bugger can hear the difference. I hate effects more than I hate my own life. Perhaps this pirate will make it all better :yarr:
[/quote]

post of the year ;)

I would say BB preamp and W&C tall font russian fuzz if it had to be two, but I've grown pretty dependant on my OC-2 as well, so I'm going to stick to those 3, I can live without my chorus pedal...

Guest FretNoMore

While it may actually be somewhat true that "no punter" and "no bugger" may understand what bass is about or hear much difference with effects or not I must say that is largely irrelevant to me. The audience is of course important but I use my effects and play music as much or even more for my own enjoyment, and I do enjoy the effects and I do hear a difference. ;)

Edited by FretNoMore

Guest BeardyBob

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1417859022' post='2624566']
While it may actually be somewhat true that "no punter" and "no bugger" may understand what bass is about or hear much difference with effects or not I must say that is largely irrelevant to me. The audience is of course important but I use my effects and play music as much or even more for my own enjoyment, and I do enjoy the effects and I do hear a difference. ;)
[/quote]

boy, bet you're a treat in bed ;)

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='BeardyBob' timestamp='1417905646' post='2625078']

boy, bet you're a treat in bed ;)
[/quote]

I'm flattered by your interest, but I'm not into guys, sorry. ;)

Edited by FretNoMore

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1417938633' post='2625194']
My board only has two effects pedals: the Xero LPF and Subterrenea synth fuzz/octave. I do have some other boxes which help control the parameters of them though - expression pedal, LFO, bypass looper. Can I keep them?
[/quote]
No, you can only keep 2 pedals.

..so you have to give the broadcast and EP3 to me ;)

Moog MF103 Phaser (I like phasers) placed in the effectsloop of my Foxrox Octron2 Octaver.
It is a bit cheating because the Octron2 can do octaves down and up. With the octave up it sounds pretty dirty. The octave up going into the phaser sounds quiet different from the phaser soloed.
So I can cover (different flavors of) phaser, octave and dirt with just 2 pedals. (my pedalboard actualy has more pedals...)

Hang on a minute - you've changed the rules! :D there's the rest of us trying to desperately come up with an almost impossible choice of somehow trying to pick just two pedals and there you go and come up with three! In that case I definitely need all eleven pedals that are currently on my board! :P

I don't get the point. Why reducing the pedalboard for the sake of [i]reducing the pedalboard[/i]?

I experience times, where effects keep a'changin, and then there are times,of stability. So what?

If an effect isn't used, I remove it.

Just to not torture my bandmates too much, I restrict pedal change to 1 per rehearsal.