Why become a member? ×

Introdux

Frank Blank

Hello

Thought better than just hanging around like a ghoul and decided to introduce myself. I'm Frank from Essex, ahem. I have been playing music since I was fourteen but was a drummer initially until I was around twenty five when I decided that I should turn my tendency to play bass while the rest of the band was out of the rehearsal room into actually swapping to bass, I was never that good a drummer anyway. Soon after taking up the bass I became a drum tech for touring bands and spent a happy fifteen years getting paid for travelling round the world and seeing nothing but drum kits and the inside of planes and tour buses.

After deciding (mid tour, half way up a flight of stairs with the heaviest traps case I've ever had the pleasure of moving) that tech work was a young man's game I packed it in. I know a lot about drums because I was a drum tech but basically nothing of any use about basses and bass amps! (except how to play them and then not that well). I've owned all sorts of basses from cheapo no namers purchased out of a catalogue to my first serious bass a Jaydee, eventually I tried a Fender Jazz Modern Player and found I loved it, seriously wouldn't consider any other bass.

About three weeks ago a friend of mine suggested I look up an old friend who wanted to start up playing again and we are starting rehearsals in mid December. I purchased a new Jazz Modern Player and started researching bass amps. In the end I decided on a TC Electronics RH750 with an RS212 and RS210, for the first time I heard my bass sounding exactly how I wanted it, clearly and powerfully, wonderful definition. I feel as if I've barely scratched the surface of its possibilities and yet, again thanks to your cool forum, I feel as if I knew more about it before I turned it on than the usual punter...

I'm rambling, but just in case I never post or reply to post again on here at least you'll know who's floating around. This forum is extremely cool, thanks loads.

Edited by Frank Blank

• 2 weeks later...