Why become a member? ×

MODS, please lock.
£950

karlfer

Hi Karl, Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. You were so excited about this bass - it is a pity you have to sell it. GLTWS.

As the previous owner of this bass, I can vouch for it being in perfect condition and Karl is a great guy to deal with.

You can see my photos of it here: https://plus.google.com/photos/100212465725187526301/albums/6079548828375631265?authkey=CKW-id2F_fjxNw

Not trying to derail the thread but have you spoken to the guys at Gumtree? I had a load of grief with someone a while ago and they bent over backwards to "encourage" the seller to send the pedal I'd brought. They're pretty good at having all the reporting tools to be able to notify the local constabulary to potentially pay a visit.

Worth a try.

HTH.

• 3 weeks later...

Awe mate, gutted for you, there are some top level bastards in this world!

You know where I am if you need me , gorgeous bass by the way.

Your Warringtonian mate,

Lloyd.

Edited by lloyd

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1420046135' post='2645168']
Back up for sale.
Thanks for nothing zawader, not the way we do things on here pal. :angry:
[/quote]

FFS! :angry:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Hope you get some deserved good luck your way Karl mate. [/size]

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1420130453' post='2645907']
Ya don't know the half of it Paul.
Christmas eve a bloke bought a fishing pole from me, on hold until the Saturday, he never showed, sat all day waiting.
Today a bloke said he wanted to buy my fishing seat box. An hour after he was due, in came the "changed my mind " text.
I swear, when I sell this bass and the other couple of bits I have up, I'm not selling owt ever agin :dash1:
[/quote]

I know that feeling - the gear I've got (and am thinking of shifting) is probably going nowhere for the next while (partly 'coz it's not worth much, partly coz I don't want the hassle).
It's always been 50/50. You get some serious buyers and some jokers. It usually takes a lot longer to get serious buyers however, as you have no doubt experienced.

Such a beautiful bass. A warwick, but with a lovely maple board. If I were to get a warwick, it would be this one.
Could take a while to shift enough gear to cover this though. :huh:
Time to check the basschat selling details ;) . Tried with local type ads, takes toooooooooooo loooooooong. :dash1:
Even when, like this ad, you price it really well (not silly cheap, but well below new (around 60% ish)).

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1420130835' post='2645915']
Her Who Makes Toast By Breathing On Bread has always maintained I attract the slightly less balanced.

Present company excepted Tom :ph34r: :lol:
[/quote]

Dunno wot yer meen Karl :gas: :gas: :gas: