Why become a member? ×

Spider Guitar Stands

kodiakblair

Following on from the Aldi £6.99 Guitar thread.

I used to get Stagg 7 guitar stands from Adrenaline Cases at £24 but after getting 4 from them they're recently stopped stocking them.
Google search turned up loads of stands,many of them Chord stands or based on Chord designs.

I bought a Chord stand once. It was crap,complained to supplier, got money back and as told to bin it.

So I saw these Spider Stands from Flightcase Warehouse, same design as my Stagg stands. I like the method of assembly with
the Stagg and these Spiders use the same.They also match the Staggs I have already.

Just under £48 for a 5 and a 7 stand inc delivery,ordered yesterday morning and here for 12 today. So here's my thoughts on them,
lucky I still had the Chord so there's some pictures to compare.Only photographed the 5 stand.

Out the box here's the parts [attachment=177852:Spider 5 Parts.JPG] and here's the Chord parts [attachment=177853:Chord Parts.JPG]

Assembly is dead easy but I find it best if you expose the nut on the bottom rail,the foams about 6mm thick and it's easy to get it trapped
in the nut.[attachment=177854:Revealed Holes.JPG]

Next up is the shoulder joint,it covers the top of the legs and to my mind is a far better design than the Chord screw down method, I must
add when I built the Chord the thin plate on top of the leg snapped off. Cheap tack welds were used on the most important joint in the stand,
stupid idea and the one thing holding it all together. 1st the Spider joint then the Chord one.

[attachment=177855:Spider Joint.JPG][attachment=177856:Chord Joint.JPG]

Now so of these have a locking pin to keep the legs rigid but the Spider doesn't. I found if you just use the supplied Allen Key it does the same
job[attachment=177857:Allen Key Holder.JPG]

So there you have it 5 minute build and a sturdy stand. Very happy with the quality and the delivery time,price was a bonus too.

If anybody fancys one here's the address

[url="http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/application/index.asp?section=guitar-stands-9458"]http://www.flightcas...tar-stands-9458[/url]

Forgot to add finished product with optional extra Ginger Cat[attachment=177859:IMAG0350.jpg]

If anybody wants the Chord one for free PM me, you'll need to tack weld the plate on.

Edited by kodiakblair