Why become a member? ×

Stagg 3/4 EUB electric double bass - black SOLD!!
£260

smoke

NOW SOLD!!! Please remove!

My first EUB is now on sale. It's been great having it. First bought it 2-3 years ago as an experiment to see how I was gonna get on with moving to upright. Saw a few dudes here discussing them so I thought, if I don't like it I'll just sell it right away... but I did like it and it's been in my care since new for couple years now.

It's not a perfect replica of a double bass - no EUB is, apart from maybe Yamaha SLB :) but it is absolutely great starter instrument. I've looked after mine well, but it has been used relatively regularly. It's got a bit of a chip around the hole for one of the arm rests - just from taking the rest in and out. I've also had to replace two of the screws on one of the tuning machines as the original ones started looking a bit sorry for themselves once I put the new (pro grade, acoustic bass) strings. These strings are just over 6 months old... can find out on Amazon the brand, it escapes me at the moment.

I play in a small local jazz band, so Stagg's been out with me a few times. But we don't gig often, so mainly home and rehearsal use with 20 gigs over its life time.

If you'd like to come see/try, do let me know. I'm in Bracknell, Berkshire or more and less every day in central London (for work). Happy to meet up anyone who's interested!

Bass comes with the original gig bag. Got a bit of a whole where the foot's been trying to poke out, but other than that, in perfectly working order.

Some pics uploaded. Any questions, please ask.
[attachment=177911:IMG_2020.jpg] [attachment=177913:IMG_2022.jpg] [attachment=177912:IMG_2021.jpg][attachment=177915:IMG_2024.jpg] [attachment=177916:IMG_2025.jpg]

Edited by smoke

Bracknell, Berkshire or Central London (where I work) ... sorry for a late reply, have changed my email address on here and notifications don't seem to come as quick as I'd like them to. Think I fixed it now ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Stagg as an intro to the world of DB myself
To anyone teetering on the edge of purchasing one of these,
I'd say go for it!

They are a good intro into DB / EUB and there's plenty of info on the web,
as to some refinements and improvements that can be made

As a bonus, when it comes to selling, you'd pretty much get your money back
and I'd say this is a fair price
But if they are Stagg strings, I'd say change them straight away

Good luck with your sale, and have a free bump :)