Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBVII

Samfordia

I have stumbled upon a BBVII in a dark corner of a second hand clothes shop. Looking online has given me little information other than being able to work out the build year (1982) and the scale length (34).

It's pretty cheap and doesn't look in bad shape at all really. A fret dress and new strings and it'll be good to go.

The problem is that I can't find much about it at all and I have no idea if they are well thought of or are known to be inadequate. I also have no idea how much is reasonable to pay.

Anybody know of these at all?

(Edit: It's a MIJ)

Edited by Samfordia

Yep, I purchased :P

I need to take it for a fret dress tomorrow and whilst there I'll get it set up with new strings also. It needs some attention with the jack socket as the sound was sometimes cutting out, but I haven't played it for too long as the strings are so worn and the bass so dirty that I might catch something!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzm3H_H0A9A5R0VKY2RHbmhBT3c&usp=sharing

Edited by Samfordia

• 3 weeks later...

I have now picked this up from the luthiers after a set-up, fret dress, new strings and a new output jack.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzm3H_H0A9A5eEZTNjFlQkdMTVk&usp=sharing

Workers from the guitar shop next door had been ogling it as it was being worked on and when I picked it up I went in to try some amps. You know you have something great sounding on your hands when people are walking over and asking if they can have a whirl. I'm pretty sure I could have sold it for a huge profit there and then.

They appear to be super rare because I can hardly find anything at all about them online.

• 1 month later...