Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS 60B with EUB

KevG

I was actually just about to post asking what the thoughts were about FX on DB. I've read time and again that a preamp is worth having to boost signal from the pup, so I'm thinking that since my current BG board consists of a tuner, compressor and preamp (and fuzz, but I don't think I'll use that....much) then I might give it a bash with the DB and see what happens!

Anyone tried using slightly more freaky stuff like synth or delay on a DB/EUB?

xx

Interesting - I posted a question a few weeks back, asking about effects that made eub sound a bit more like db...
I tried my eub with my new zoom unit, & the preprogrammed fretless sounds are OK.
Might try a bit of compression on top of the fretless effect...
... When I have time to work out how to use the zoom unit! Lol

Bear in mind the fretless effects with the Zoom units are supposed to help a fretted bass sound more like a fretless - I think it modifies the envelope (slower attack maybe). Though there's nothing to stop you using the fretless effect with an EUB/DB you'll hear a bigger difference between dry and wet (effected) signal with effects like chorus/detune, octaver and reverb.