Why become a member? ×

Vintage Goodmans Speaker . any help or Info please .

martin8708

I have this old vintage Goodmans speaker as part of my current speaker stash , and I'm struggling to find out any information about this speaker .
I know there are quite a few knowledgable speaker guru's around the hallow'ed halls of Basschat , so if anyone can tell me abit more about the speaker , ie , age , application and poss it's worth , I would be grateful. I assume it is an Alnico Speaker and the box has AXT2 1210/15 T/L w/cone .
Its a 12 inch 15 Watt speaker with cone is as far as I have got .
E Toogood is Eric Toogood , who may have been the local Isle of Wight dealer for Goodmans .

I have the original box which is labeled Goodmans Industries Limited , Wembley , Middlesex .
I have tried Mr Google and Yahoo , not too much floating around at the moment .
I known it's not really a based related subject , ( more poss guitar related ? )

Many thanks in Advance
Martin

Apparently those Axiom 22's are very popular in the 'audiophile' community.

And they're even bigger suckers for 'tonal voodoo' than us bassplayers - there's [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pair-of-Goodmans-axiom-22-in-excellent-condition-/261681796299?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item3ced7354cb"]a pair of these bad boys[/url] on the bay for £1500 in the Hi-Fi category. :o
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

Many thanks for the replies so far .

Thanks howiebass, I have seen the Ampaholics website a few times , it never seems to change and a small note at the bottom states last updated 2013, so I'm not sure how active the site is , mind you , anythings worth a try .

Thanks to Steve and Skank as well , wow, £1500 for a pair seems a bit optimistic to me , I'll have to watch them to see if they sell.

Seems to be more radio / hi-fi application , rather than putting it in a guitar cab .

many thanks again .
Martin

• 3 months later...