Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR505 - SOLD
£275

Woodinblack

Ibanez soundgear SR505. No idea what year, although it doesn't have the little switch thing that later ones seemed to have.

In ok condition, a few dents and scratches on the edge, although none on the body change colour. Reliable, great action. The only thing that this could be said to have wrong with it (apart from the scratches) is that there is a rattle if you hit the neck hard. [s]I assume it is something inside like the truss rod (which does work incidental). It has no effect on its playability or any sound it makes, but I thought I would mention it as the guy who sold it to me didn't! *[/s]

Lovely bass, but I want a premier / prestige ibanez 5 string to go with my 4 string, and also need a G&L 2500, as I suspect the dingwall in my other advert may take a while to go!

Obviously pickup would be good, or for the cost of the packaging and shipping I will send it to anywhere in the UK. Except maybe Bracknell, as I wouldn't want to think I had sent anything to Bracknell. Oh OK, maybe Bracknell too if I had too.

But not out of the country.

* Update: I decided that the frets looked a bit rubbish and as I had some new strings, I took the neck off and redressed the frets, and generally set it up a bit better. In doing that I decided to take the machine heads off too, and then noticed the rattle is no longer there. The rattle isn't the truss rod as I was told, it is actually just the machine heads.

Edited by Woodinblack

Hi, not really, I am not really playing any 4 strings any more, the only one I do is the SR1000, and I would like something 5'ish to go with it. I suspect it will be around for a while though.

I do keep picking it up and thinking 'why do I want to sell this again?'. If the dingwall went, I probably wouldn't :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...