Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£650

P-T-P

Having recently acquired a StingRay 5 I was inspired to go down the StingRay 4 route again as they're a bass I often lust for but had yet to find one which stuck around. I traded for this and, as with previous Ray4's, I find it really comfortable to play, but the tone just isn't where I prefer it to be when I'm gigging, which is basically on the warmer, more thudding side whereas this is very present and cutting. For many of you, and indeed for me in a whole different band, that would be fab, but it's not right for me right now so I'm looking to get it into the hands of a new owner who will truly appreciate all it has to offer.

The serial number points to a 1995/96 manufacture date and it features the transitional bridge which would tie up with that era. One of it's previous owners clearly rocked hard because the body has plenty of dings on the rear and some on the front too. Because of the natural finish, you won't see them from a few feet away, but if it's in your lap, you'll spot them easily. For some that's going to be an issue but for other I'm sure, like me, you'll just view it as part of the character and charm of the bass.

The neck has been well cared for and there's no dings or marks I've spotted. It is silky smooth and with the oiled finish, it is very rewarding to play. It's also made from a nicely figured chunk of birdseye maple.

All the hardware works as it should At some point (some time ago I'm guessing), the pick-up was replaced with a Seymour Duncan BasslInes model. It seems to give this particular Ray a little more bite at the top end than others I've tried.

[attachment=178195:IMG_2388.JPG][attachment=178211:IMG_2390.JPG][attachment=178212:IMG_2397.JPG]

I'm looking to raise cash in an ideal world. I'm asking £650 but I'm open to offers and a part-ex deal with cash coming to me is a possibility. I could go for a MIM or MIJ P or J; Yamaha BB1024x; Lakland 55-01 or even a FleaBass as I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I could maybe to a straight swap for other Lakland 5s, StingRay 5 or maybe even a DJ4 (especially a red one!)

There's no hard case sorry but I can include a gigbag and could send by courier, very well packed, for £25.

PM me or txt/call me on 07515 929935.

Edited by P-T-P