Why become a member? ×

Bridge recommendations

Stu-khag

Is there a link anywhere to bridge reviews or does anyone have reccomendations? I'm fancying trying a new bridge for my mex jazz bass. I had an old hamer cruise bass that had a chunky bridge that was really easy to fiddle with when setting height and intonation and the bass sounded great. I've been recording with a friend who has a stock highway one jazz bass with badass bridge that I've A-B ed and it plays and to my our ears sounds better.

I have tried quite a few as I found the BBOT a bit uncomfortable. BadAss, Hipshot A, Gotoh 201, generic Gotoh-a-like, Schaller 3D. The best quality with most adjustment options was the Hipshot A. It was also the heaviest and most expensive. I didn't like the BadAss much, didn't like the looks, didn't think it was good value for money. The Gotoh-a-like cost me £13 on ebay and probably did the job of the Gotoh but wasn't quite so well made. I'm fairly new to the Schaller 3D but so far I am pretty impressed. I'd say overall the best balance between cost and quality is the Gotoh.

But recently I seem to have changed my hand's playing position and I don't find the BBOT quite so uncomfortable anymore so have changed back.

The Babicz is another drop in replacement worth considering. It achieves much better coupling with the body without adding mass (it's about the same weight as a BBOT).
[url="http://www.babiczguitars.com/full-contact-hardware.htm"]http://www.babiczguitars.com/full-contact-hardware.htm[/url]