Why become a member? ×

Sold: New Lettsbass 6 string bass, Electronics have been fixed. Last price drop to just £800.
£1300

Shockwave

Hello all.

I ordered this with good intentions a few years ago. The build process took longer then expected and my needs have changed.

Here is a fully handmade custom Lettsbass, I picked out the Walnut top used for this and it was crafted into this Beautiful scroll bass you see here.

Specs:

Handmade 6 String custom bass
34" Scale, Maple neck and Maccassar Ebony Fingerboard, 26 frets.
17.5mm String spacing at the bridge.
2 Handmade Lettsbass P style Alnico pickups with Ebony wood facia
Hipshot B Bridge
Hipshot USA Ultralite tuners
Ebony Nut
Ash, Maple and Walnut neck thru construction.
John East 3 band 5 knob premium pre-amp with handcarved knobs.
Volute on the headstock
Brand new Hiscox case.
I would guess the weight at between 9/10 lbs.
The action is LOW and can go LOWER. Neck is straight as an arrow.
The sound is balanced. The pickups both soloed and together sound excellent.

Full disclosure, I bought this on the Basschat Special deal, but I have paid far above and beyond what I was supposed to pay for it, just to get it finished the way I wanted.

There is a slight imperfection in the wood underneath the strings, this is purely cosmetic and hard to see in the photos, it is under the finish and you cannot feel it. There is also a small screw hole where a side mounted jack would have gone.

For the moment I wont ship and would much prefer a local deal, I am currently based in Wimbledon London.

Price is now reduced to just £800.

Edited by Shockwave

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered an issue with the electronics. The neck pickup has lost signal to the preamp. Should be just a quick rewire job. I haven't the time or inclination to fix it myself.

As such I have reduced to the bass down to just £800 for a quick sale. Not really interested in trades or part ex's anymore, unless it's for a Musicman Stingray with Maple neck and 3EQ.

Cheers!

Rob.

[quote name='ian' timestamp='1420488393' post='2649979']
any sound slips ?
[/quote]

No sorry.

Best I can do is describe it! Its a burpy modern tone. Lots of defined low end. Think of the band Infectious Grooves and you aren't a million miles away.

Edited by Shockwave