Why become a member? ×

Gordon Smith Gypsy semi hollow - red - £350
£350

Bought from Goblin on here a couple of years ago, this is a very nice playing semi hollow Gordon Smith Gypsy. The only main problem it has is that one of the posts securing the bridge to the body has been installed slightly wonkily and the bridge cannot therefore be height adjusted using the posts, although I don't know if that was ever the intention with this type of bridge. The intonation can still be set using the saddles without any issues.

Both humbuckers have a coil tap and it's one of the easiest playing guitars I've owned. Sadly, I've discovered after around 16 years of playing that I'm a Fender man through and through and I'm not using it.

It's been played and has a few dings. But is otherwise in good condition. Currently strung with heavy strings and tuned to C# standard but I can throw a set of Ernie Ball 10's in there on request.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'll courier the guitar and am looking at a UK sale only. I can't think of anything I'd consider in terms of trades due to the collection slim down and the fact I generally need to own less stuff but you can always ask![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any questions, feel free to PM me. More pics on request. Based in Sheffield if you want to collect or try it out and have a brew. I'm off work the week commencing the 15th so if someone buys by then, it's very flexible for me in terms of organising a courier. Shouldn't be a deal maker for anyone but I thought it was worth mentioning as Christmas is rapidly approaching.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Pictured here with my JM.[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And here on in the hard case.[/font][/color]

Edited by GarethFlatlands

Bump for a ace old Gordon Smith - if it's anything like as good as the '84 GS Galaxy semi-acoustic bass I used to own it must be fabulous - GS make simple but beautifully crafted instruments. Is the body laminated maple (like my old Galaxy) or mahogany?

"[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi Gareth,[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Thanks for your email. Serial No. 08764 is a Gypsy 2 SS in Wine gloss front with satin back, sides & neck finish, built Aug 1999.[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Fitted with 2 GSG humbucker pickups & GSG adjustable bridge.[/size][/font]
Hope this helps & that you have many more happy years playing it![/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Cheers[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Linda"[/size][/font]
I didn't mention the bridge issue, or that I was looking to sell it but the info was interesting nonetheless.[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...