Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a foam

goblin

As the title says really. I'm due to restructure the board (again!), and the foam I've got for it is a little weak and all of the pedals move around.

I'm looking for a really rigid foam that I can cut the pedals into, but it still be rigid enough to not move.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don't want to use velcro. Never been struck on using it for pedals or anything, I've always had them cut into a sheet of foam. The foam the board came with was great, but I restructured the entire board to accommodate wireless, but the foam I got on ebay is crap and everything moves (basically it's not rigid enough). I'm due to restructure again as my new playing job requires some more pedals, and no wireless, so that's godda go!

I'll have a look through efoam's site and see what's good for the job. I've bought from them before so know they're a good supplier!

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1418301871' post='2628924']
Don't know the name or the brand but looks like you're looking for that same kind of foam that is used on the inside of flight cases or on the bottom of gramma pads.
[/quote]
That's acoustic foam. The stuff they use under drum risers. It's about £10 for a 6' length (which is @ 1 1/2 x 3").

Somewhere like studiospares or dv247 might be able to help with a small sheet for your board.

Edited by xgsjx