Why become a member? ×

Zoom Q2HD

Funky Dunky

Anyone got one of these? I'm looking for a cheap and easy way to make bass videos to upload to YouTube - the least time-consuming method possible for under £100. At present all I have is my SGS3 which shoots alright-ish video but doesn't pick up great sound, and I could get a software involved but editing is not my strong suit and a bit too fiddly for me.

I read the excellent tutorial stickied in this forum, but I don't have iMovie and I'm looking for a simpler method if possible. These wee Zoom cameras are inexpensive and seem straightforward enough even for me to use. Just wondered if they're any good. I will read a bunch of reviews online of course, but looking for a bassist's POV if possible.

• 1 month later...

I brought one a fair while ago to use to record the occasional rehearsal and gig.

As bits of kit, they're great. Sound really good and the video is surprisingly great for such a cheap price (even at £150 ish now).

In terms of editing, think you can chose what format to store the movie as. In terms of editing, I use iMovie but really only to do a rudimentary edit on. Other video editors are available ;-)

My only criticism? The camera isn't wide enough for my liking. I've had it by the side of the stage and it's been difficult to get us all in. However, guess that's only a minor point.

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1422309025' post='2671104']
My only criticism? The camera isn't wide enough for my liking. I've had it by the side of the stage and it's been difficult to get us all in. However, guess that's only a minor point.
[/quote]

Yep - that would be mine too.

It's a good bit of kit. Glad I didn't pay £150, though!