Why become a member? ×

What is this Status graphite? Series 1B4 or Eclipse?

Dandelion

This was painted solid black when I aquired it, and it was in a well used state. i noticed that beneath one of the scuffs in the paint that there was a hint of laminate in the wood. So I sanded it all down and discovered a birds eye maple top with a Walnut stripe and an ash back. There is a thin lamination running through it too. I waxed it up to a sheen.

The preamp is stamped with Rob Greens name and states Series 1. The head has the serial number stamped on the back.

It was sold to me as an Eclipse but on further research the eclipse had a body which was shaped with a convex top. This one is straight.

I have heard that there might be some hybrids out there.

Any ideas?

Edited by Dandelion

It was definately a factory finish, it also had an opaque cellulose undercoat which was a devil to sand out of the pores. The black still remains on the headstock, I did not want to remove that because it would mean removing the logo. I know that black was an option on the energy range. I have emailed "Status" to see if they can offer any more info..

• 4 weeks later...