Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 'Soundpost Sinfonica' Acoustic Double Bass
£2400

[center][b][u][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=5]'Soundpost Sinfonica' Acoustic Double Bass (Violin Corners)[/size][/font][/u][/b][/center]
[center][size=5][color=#FF0000][b]£2400! - PERFECT CONDITION, NEARLY NEW, FULLY SET UP, PLAYED IN AND READY TO GO![/b][/color][/size][/center]
[center][size=5][color=#FF0000][b](RRP: £3600 without setup)[/b][/color][/size][/center]
[center][size=5][color=#FF0000][b](Includes original fitted case!)[/b][/color][/size][/center]

[center][attachment=178540:Picture 212 - final.jpg][/center]
[center][color=#2f4f4f][b]*** Nearly new and in perfect condition but with none of the troubles that come with buying a brand-new bass! ***[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#2f4f4f][b]*** This bass was hand-picked as the best of the entire batch by the Sales Director of Soundpost. I was working in an instrument outlet for Soundpost at the time i bought the bass - i wasn't completely happy with the first one they gave me so i returned it and they hand-picked this one as a replacement. ***[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#2f4f4f][b]*** Played in and set-up, meaning none of the troubles (multiple set-ups, changing tone and feel) that come with buying a brand-new acoustic bass. [/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#2f4f4f][b](The lesson i learnt from this bass was to not buy a brand new acoustic bass! It takes at least a year, probably a couple, before they settle down and start to consistently sound good.) ***[/b][/color][/center]

[center][size=5][color=#2F4F4F][b]*** MORE PICTURES HERE! - [/b][/color][/size][/center]
[center][color=#2f4f4f][b][url="http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/thedavesideofthemoon/library/Soundpost%20Sinfonica%20Double%20Bass%20for%20Sale"]http://s1369.photobu...ss%20for%20Sale[/url][/b][/color][/center]

[center][b][size=4][u]Details:[/u][/size][/b][/center]
[center][b]-[/b] 5 years old.[/center]
[center][b]-[/b] Solid wood throughout. Hand carved, highly figured maple and spruce with inlaid purfling.[/center]
[center][b]-[/b] Set up multiple times by Roger Dawson of London and Tim Toft Violins.[/center]
[center][b]-[/b] Fingerboard immaculate and freshly finished by Roger Dawson of London.
[b]-[/b] Overall excellent/nearly new condition: Some light signs of use but not abuse.[/center]
[center][b]-[/b] Violin cornered model (more expensive than the 'gamba', no cornered model)[/center]
[center][b]-[/b] Comes with original, fitted, high quality case. Heavy duty with multiple handles, pockets and a bow pocket. Again, all in excellent condition.[/center]

[center]DIMENSIONS:[/center]
[center]String Sound Length: 104.1cm // String Stop Length: 20.3cm // Bass Depth (front to back edge): 17.8cm // Bass Depth (at middle) 20.3cm[/center]
[center]-------------------------------------[/center]

[center][color=#0000cd]The RRP for one of these is about £3600. There are a few cheap prices online for these basses now but bear in mind that the violin model is considerably more expensive than the 'gamba' model and most of these prices don't include a setup. And, even if an online shop does offer a setup, it will only be a very basic re-stringing and bridge adjustment. And of course, this is before you have to spend the months and years of setting the bass up, playing it in, setting up again and playing it in some more before you can get it to sound as sweet as this bass. [/color][/center]

[center][color=#0000cd]No hype needed, the sound and quality of this bass speaks for itself. Please feel free to come and try it for yourself.[/color][/center]

[center][color=#0000cd]I'm selling this because my career path has taken me away from a life of music, so i also have a few other tasty morsels of bass equipment for sale if you're interested![/color][/center]

[center][color=#0000cd]The fingerboard is immaculate. Just set up twice by Roger Dawson of London. If you're thinking of buying a new one of these, then this bass is for you. You can get all of the pleasure and luxury of a new instrument without any of the hassles and headaches of playing it in.[/color][/center]

[center]-------------------------------------[/center]
[center][u][b]Review:[/b][/u]
[color=#0000cd]This is an excerpt from a review in Jazzwise magazine that is unfortunately not online on their website anymore (although you can also see this excerpt quoted on the Soundpost catalogue page that i've included as an image below, just to verify that it did exist!):[/color][/center]

[center][b][size=5]"[/size][/b]Affordable quality basses are not easy to come by, so when the Sinfonica turned up, we were intrigued. Made in China out of the highest grade, cold grown solid spruce, with a beautifully hand carved back and front, the Sinfonica is not a production line model, but one that is hand built.[/center]

[center]Not only is the Sinfonica made from quality tone woods, but there is a staggering attention to detail on this instrument. For example, the rubber foot is screw threaded. The pin is held in place by a nylon insert and brass collar and yacht wire is used to hold the tailpiece to the peg, a true sign of a quality instrument. The use of the French Despiau bridge once again reflects the Sinfonica's pedigree, while the ebony fingerboard is like a highly polished slab of black marble.[/center]

[center]The Sinfonica is fitted with German-made machine heads with stainless steel worm gears and brass cogs that offer no resistance and give a smoothness and control that bassists would normally only find on the high end electric cousins. In the volume stakes the Sinfonica carries plenty of power, with a rich timbre and full tone.[/center]
[center]
The quality of sound is remarkably clean, you can clearly hear all the overtones. Harmonics are very pronounced and ring out perfectly with great depth and excellent sustain. Spirocore strings come as standard. The whole comes in a soft padded case with five handles, two face pockets, a bow bag and a large pocket to the rear. The Sinfonica bass is proof if ever it was needed, that with the right quality controls in place, some Chinese factories are now making musical instruments to centuries old European standards. Highly recommended.[b][size=5]"[/size][/b][/center]
[center][b][size=5][attachment=178541:soundpost sinfonica catalogue page jpegjpg_Page1.jpg][/size][/b][/center]
[center]-----------------------------[/center]
[center][size=5][color=#2F4F4F][b]*** MORE PICTURES HERE! - [/b][/color][/size][/center]
[center][color=#2f4f4f][b][url="http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/thedavesideofthemoon/library/Soundpost%20Sinfonica%20Double%20Bass%20for%20Sale"]http://s1369.photobu...ss%20for%20Sale[/url][/b][/color][/center]

[center]Please get in touch if you'd like to try the bass for yourself. You can also email me at: [email protected][/center]
[center]Thanks! Dave.[/center]

Edited by thedavesideofthemoon