Why become a member? ×

Spector NS5CR w/ coil switches
£1200

Kiwi

As you may be aware from my other ads, I have a bit of stuff up for sale.

This one is a 1998 (I think) Spector NS5CR in tobacco sunburst, serial number 1359. I like these basses so much that I bought two. My other Spector is highly customised so this one is better suited for selling on.

What you get is a bass that purrs like a Smith but with more midrange definition. These Czech made Spectors have the same all maple construction (inlcuding solid maple wings) used in the US series but a rosewood rather than pau ferro fingerboard and a slightly different preamp.

The nut width is 48mm, string spacing 17mm at the bridge and it weighs 4.8kg which is nice and manageable. The neck is very straight and solid feeling.

I've modified this bass with coil split switches and some custom Wizard soapbars. The neck is also deglossed with some super fine 2400 grit sand paper, if anyone prefers the gloss finish, it'll polish back up with some cutting compound. The original EMG BT preamp is installed but has 500k volume pots for passive pickups.

Comes with a hardshell Spector case and I'll include the original EMG pickups as well.

[attachment=178563:DSC_0050.JPG] [attachment=178564:DSC_0051.JPG]

[attachment=178565:DSC_0052.JPG] [attachment=178566:DSC_0053.JPG]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Science bit:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No trades. I really need the cash for a non bass related purchase.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]First person with the money gets the bass. A 10% deposit to secure the instrument is absolutely OK if you need to raise funds to purchase so long as the balance is paid within 30 days. Otherwise you risk losing the deposit.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If it doesn't sell on here within 4 or so weeks, it will be sold on commission through a selected bass retailer. So the cost of commission will be added to the cost of the bass.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would prefer collection from SE London although I can deliver within the M25/Kent area for the cost of zipcar hire (£8.50/hour subject to availability).[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Or if you work/visit London, I can meet you at a train station at the weekend, or if you are visiting the City of London, I can meet anywhere between Farringdon and Liverpool Street during the week.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Also worth noting that this model has a 34" scale lenght unlike later models NS5CRFM and the EURO 5 LX that have 35" scale.
I've seen people looking for 34" 5 string Czech made Spectors so thought I add this.
I owned this model, but one year earlier with the SSD logo. That is a bass I miss even though I'm happy with my 35" Spector EURO5.

Good luck with the sale!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...