Why become a member? ×

Re-fitting a pedalboard

Stroopy121

I have a kinman board/case but the felt material on the bottom is all coming off! I'm using hook/loop tape stuck to the bottom of the pedals and am finding that the tape sticks to the pedal and the hooks stick to the felt, but the felt is coming away from the foam underneath. I'm thinking about ripping the felt out and sticking the hook-tape straight on to the foam but I don't think it's gonna stick very well. Any suggestions? I also considered cutting a sheet of MDF to size and using the bike-chain method to screw them down, but it seems like it might be an un-necessarily heavy and clunky solution.

xx

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1418640347' post='2631847']
I also considered cutting a sheet of MDF to size and using the bike-chain method to screw them down, but it seems like it might be an un-necessarily heavy and clunky solution.
[/quote]

This is bassically what my DIY pedalboard is, an insert for a case, built from MDF sprayed black and with velcro strips. Works great. The velcro sticks well to the MDF/paint but just to secure it I have also turned it down over the edge and stapled it to keep it from detaching at the ends. Just make sure the pedals fit under the lid as the MDF adds a bit of height.

Edited by FretNoMore

Guest FretNoMore

I had carpet (or that stuff you cover speakers with) on my first DIY board, and while it did work with the velcro it got fuzzier over time, it grew longer hair as I reconfigured the pedals and the velcro tugged on the material. I had to give it a haircut after a while. :)

Edited by FretNoMore