Why become a member? ×

NDBD - landed

aonindy

I got my Thomann 22 a few months ago, it's a great moment when you get it out of that massive box. Make sure you get a set up as soon as you can. Mine arrived with the bridge laying on its side so I had to fit the bridge. Also the sound post had moved during transit. The sound post was put in position and the bridge was reduced to lower the action. Enjoy your DB

Ok! ... lets do it ... PARTY TIME !! :gas: :yarr: :santa:

[b]Thomann 22 Double Bass unboxing ...[/b]

[i](Click photos for bigger size!)[/i]

The DB was delivered in a MASSIVE wedge shaped box that was taped down, then had those plastic tension straps around it, and finally a wrap around the middle with black plastic.

[attachment=178913:Thomann_22_db_inbox.jpg]

Inside the box, the DB was wrapped in paper

[attachment=178895:Thomann_22_bass_boxopen.jpg]

Inside the paper (this is exciting!), the DB itself was sitting in the case I had ordered with it

[attachment=178904:Thomann_22_bass_Packing.jpg]

Once I got that out of the box, "Mr Odo" decided it would be a nice comfy place to spend the morning....

[attachment=178905:Thomann_22_bass_PackingBig.jpg]

Lets unzip this baby!

[attachment=178898:Thomann_22_bass_FirstOPening.jpg]

The DB came with some no-name strings attached, and the bridge safely cradled in bubble-wrap, tucked under the end-pin thingy

[attachment=178911:Thomann_22_bass_Unwrap.jpg]

First things first, peer inside and see if the sound-post is in place ... yea! .... it survived the trip :)

[attachment=178910:Thomann_22_bass_SoundPostInPlace.jpg]

Next job, take out the bridge and see about fitting it...

[attachment=178896:Thomann_22_bass_BridgeProtected.jpg]

[attachment=178912:Thomann_22_bass_UprightAtLast.jpg]

[attachment=178909:Thomann_22_bass_SlackStrings.jpg]

Thomann have marked the left/right position of the feet of the bridge, and the position on the bass top table where the feet should go the string grooves are also naturally cut and ready to accept the strings... really helpful!

[attachment=178897:Thomann_22_bass_BrigeFeetMarked.jpg]

[attachment=178899:Thomann_22_bass_GrooveCut.jpg]

I noticed that the end-pin was, well, pointy! ... no rubber end ... after some searching I found it was loose in the box and had rolled away..

[attachment=178901:Thomann_22_bass_MissingEndpinPlug.jpg]

So, using the sting Winder Gareth Hughes had advised me to get, I set about tightening up the strings they sent it with on to see how it worked ... I do have new Evah Weich strings but will fit them another day so I can compare even the cheapies!

so here we go, all set up and ready to go, and a few shots of the detail of the DB itself for those interested.

[attachment=178906:Thomann_22_bass_ReadyToPLay.jpg]

[attachment=178907:Thomann_22_bass_ReadyTOPLay2.jpg]

[attachment=178902:Thomann_22_bass_NeckDetail.jpg]

[attachment=178903:Thomann_22_bass_neckDetail2.jpg]

[attachment=178908:Thomann_22_bass_RearView.jpg]

So there we go! .... best Christmas present to myself EVAH! .... overall, really good ordering experience with Thomann, incredible value, very happy, and sincere thanks to Gareth Hughes for introducing me to this model and allowing me to try out his first! .... *highly recommended* to all dipping their toes in the DB pool !

Happy Crimple everyone! :santa:

Edited by aonindy