Why become a member? ×

Untwistable guitar lead?

coffee_king

There's no such thing as an untwistable guitar lead.

Leads do last longer if you store them properly but if your problem is caused by your stage act (I'm jealous you've got so much energy!!), as already pointed out, your only solution is a wireless system.

Hi
Cheers for the responses. Its worth pointing out that how you store a lead (And coil it up before so) has nothing to do with it becoming coiled up/tangles/twisted while on stage.
I've tried wireless but occassionally I would get drop outs, so I really dont want to have to go down that route again.
Hmm, maybe its time someone invented one, if they can make a kinkless hose eh.

[quote name='coffee_king' timestamp='1418838069' post='2633944']
Hi
Cheers for the responses. Its worth pointing out that how you store a lead (And coil it up before so) has nothing to do with it becoming coiled up/tangles/twisted while on stage.
I've tried wireless but occassionally I would get drop outs, so I really dont want to have to go down that route again.
Hmm, maybe its time someone invented one, if they can make a kinkless hose eh.
[/quote]

When did you last try wireless? At the semi-pro end of the market wireless systems are a massive improvement over what was available even 5 years ago and in many cases quite a bit cheaper too.

I suffer a lot from twisting cables. I'm like a slow motion dervish when I play. I can get a 15 foot lead down to 5 feet of gordian knot in minutes.
As a solution I've gone for old school coiled phone style Vox cables. £19 quid a pop and haven't let me down in 18 months, I had the more expensive and heavier Bullet branded ones before but one packed up at a gig so they're off the list.
Not the thing for the recording studio or if you're interested in tone and stuff. But they're great for rehearsals and gigging.

• 2 weeks later...

After using top end cables like zaolla I switched to obbm cables, which I still have, but my 'go to' cables have become these !!
https://www.studiospares.com/Cables-Leads/Leads-Guitar/Armoured-Jk-R-Ajk-5M_588620.htm

Despite the price They sound good, even compared to my previous cables, but crucially, the coil up very easily and compact, the same way every time and don't twist at all.

A brilliant buy.