Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender Jazz (another)

bassintheface

So, after selling on JV P last week, I've had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

I had a few ideas of what I wanted -
I was seriously close to making offers on both Limelights that are currently on sale here - Michael's '63 and 'Threes' '61 - and I mean close!

I was also giving proper thought to ordering a custom Limelight - a 70's style, aged Oly white, RW board, blocks, bound neck, 3 ply back plate....

Finally, after much deliberation and weighing up all options, I've finally just pulled the trigger on this baby:

http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/basses/fenderjapan62rijazz.htm

Looking fwd to getting her on friday, when coincidentally, i have a gig!!

We've also got our favourite sound engineer on FOH - Edgy - he's been the Maccabees' mons eng for years and has just got back off the Kasabian tour with them, so looking fwd to the inevitable stories!

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1418826136' post='2633727']
Interesting that you have gone from almost getting a beat-up relic jazz to buying a 'as new' looking reissue,
albeit a very cool example. Hope it's a keeper :-)
[/quote]

I know!

I'm not the sort of person who gets too hung up on finish or the aesthetics of a bass (within reason) - I'm more bothered about how it plays, but yes, it does look cool!

[quote name='bassintheface' timestamp='1418824153' post='2633699']
So, after selling on JV P last week, I've had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

I had a few ideas of what I wanted -
I was seriously close to making offers on both Limelights that are currently on sale here - Michael's '63 and 'Threes' '61 - and I mean close!

I was also giving proper thought to ordering a custom Limelight - a 70's style, aged Oly white, RW board, blocks, bound neck, 3 ply back plate....

Finally, after much deliberation and weighing up all options, I've finally just pulled the trigger on this baby:

http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/basses/fenderjapan62rijazz.htm

Looking fwd to getting her on friday, when coincidentally, i have a gig!!

We've also got our favourite sound engineer on FOH - Edgy - he's been the Maccabees' mons eng for years and has just got back off the Kasabian tour with them, so looking fwd to the inevitable stories!
[/quote]

This is the bass I put in part ex with mark to get my limelight. I can promise you it's one of the nicest jazz basses I've ever played. Stunning! I was actually debating whether to try and get it back after my Christmas gigging funds go in but looks like ive missed out :-) nice to know it's gone to a good home though! I also bought the stacked knobs and hardcase from members of this forum. A real basschat bass :-)

Here's a pic from when I had it

Edited by skej21

Ace, that's the great thing about this forum - there's a good chance people on here 'know' your new guitar and can verify it!

That's good to hear. Having dealt with Mark before, I trust that he is honest and up front about things.

He said it was a great bass and I'm glad to hear its previous owner confirm this too!!

Thanks for letting me know.

Itching to get my hands on it and I'll likely throw her in at the deep end on friday night!!

I will definitely hold onto it now... I started regretting my decision about 3 weeks after selling it so went down to Absolute Music in Poole where they had 3 US Standard Fender Jazz Basses in stock and played each of them. None of them felt anywhere near as nice as the one I’d sold. I genuinely couldn’t believe the differences between the basses could be so vast considering all three were the same US Standard models. Thankfully, Nick got in contact, was an absolute gent and kindly offered me first refusal :)

well, this baby arrived in perfect condition on friday.

Mark from classic and cool had packaged it brilliantly.

It's sure is a beautiful bass.
Great condition and played brilliantly straight out of the box.

Made a couple of minor 'tweaks' after soundcheck, then used it for the gig.

It sounded ace.
Had many compliments off the band and sound engineer too, so all good.

[quote name='bassintheface' timestamp='1419258328' post='2638072']
well, this baby arrived in perfect condition on friday.

Mark from classic and cool had packaged it brilliantly.

It's sure is a beautiful bass.
Great condition and played brilliantly straight out of the box.

Made a couple of minor 'tweaks' after soundcheck, then used it for the gig.

It sounded ace.
Had many compliments off the band and sound engineer too, so all good.
[/quote]

Glad you like it (and my set up!). It is a lovely bass and I'm glad it found a good home :-) enjoy!