Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='271446' date='Aug 28 2008, 12:02 AM']Merton's bass is ok I spose....!

Actually, tis a peach! Mmmm!!

Lovin them Kingbasses - probably be able to get one cheap now that they are the `old' shape eh guys?![/quote]

MB1. :)
CHEAP!..... and the word STATUS are rarely seen in the same sentence!.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='themoo' post='273476' date='Aug 31 2008, 04:23 AM']Some more Status for you...

Strata #05 / Series II #94 / Series II #i47 / Series 2000 #106 / Series 2000 FPPR #327 / maple KB '05 / moo wood KB '06 / moo wood KB '07

Hope you like![/quote]

MB1. :) .......And if one Headless Statii should accidently fall,there'll be no F**k**g Statii and no F**k**g Wall! :huh:

[quote name='BassManKev' post='273509' date='Aug 31 2008, 09:09 AM']why do you need that many? they are nice, but i get less excited about them when there are so many[/quote]You see, it's like this Kev, Mr Moo loves these basses and can afford to collect them, he has worked very hard all of his life and is enjoying the benefits. He has collected many more Statii and has honed them down to these eight and they are very beautiful.
I think Mr Moo likes motorbikes too, Italian ones, I think. :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='273509' date='Aug 31 2008, 09:09 AM']why do you need that many? they are nice, but i get less excited about them when there are so many[/quote]

Ehm, why not? I cannot understand why anyone would not want that many Statii!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='273509' date='Aug 31 2008, 09:09 AM']why do you need that many? they are nice, but i get less excited about them when there are so many[/quote]

It's a fair point!!

As mentioned in the thread I've worked bloody hard in my life and I love these basses... Actually I love a few makes BUT Status has a very special place in my heart. So I have the older ones as [i]objet d'art[/i] that I can enjoy looking at and the newer ones to play.

There are stories behind a couple of them... The Series 2000 is very special to me as I bought it while I was on leave from The Marines back in 1986... My first proper bass. I had to sell it a couple of years later BUT was lucky enough to find it and get it back a couple of years ago. The FPPR I played in a shop in 1988 and was about to buy when I was sent off to do something for Her Majesty!!! So it was nice to be able to get that recently!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='273728' date='Aug 31 2008, 02:29 PM']Moo!

That Series II to the right of your red Series II looks like Jon Randle's (Doctor and The Medics) old bass - i thought that he'd sold it to Andre??? Again, a stunning display of Status basses! (not envious in any way shape or form!)

Nick (nice to see me old red one thar!)[/quote]

Spot on Nick... I swapped the one below with André for #147

[quote name='themoo' post='275471' date='Sep 2 2008, 02:48 PM']It's a fair point!!

As mentioned in the thread I've worked bloody hard in my life and I love these basses... Actually I love a few makes BUT Status has a very special place in my heart. So I have the older ones as [i]objet d'art[/i] that I can enjoy looking at and the newer ones to play.

There are stories behind a couple of them... The Series 2000 is very special to me as I bought it while I was on leave from The Marines back in 1986... My first proper bass. I had to sell it a couple of years later BUT was lucky enough to find it and get it back a couple of years ago. The FPPR I played in a shop in 1988 and was about to buy when I was sent off to do something for Her Majesty!!! So it was nice to be able to get that recently![/quote]

MB1. :)
Sounds a little through the Keyhole?....Are you James Blunt? :huh: