Why become a member? ×

Lakland CustomWound 45-128 (5s): SOLD
£26

• 4 months later...

Hi Jay; fine thanks ! Pleased to hear you've sorted a combo (thought the 15 might be the way to go).
These should be fine for 35"/Carvin, although sometimes depends upon tuner layout (2+3 / 3+2 / 4+1) for the used strings, and also if bridge or string-thru.
I've measured the used strings (cut/previously fitted to a Dj5) and they are: B-39"; E-40.5"; A-42"; D-41.5"; G-39"
As a comparison, thought I'd measure the new strings (set) and found they are all 49", EXCEPT the E, which is 43". I'd not opened these before as they were sealed (obviously re-sealed on reflection) and came with a Lakland bass. Somebody must have tried/fitted the E (only) and then decided not to fit the strings and put the E back. It's obviously not been played and remains in as-new condition (other than being shorter).
Hope this helps.
I know you're not looking for a super low action, but I found these to be the best/better (have a couple of sets left) :-
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/251754-strings-e-labella-supersteps-ss40b-40-118-5/page__fromsearch__1
(just to be sure I checked these also - they're 48")