Why become a member? ×

good keyboard controller?

Angel

Depending on budget, and what you really want from the keybed ("semi-weighted" normally means the keys are not weighted at all, which might be exactly what you're after - or not), IMHO the M-Audio keybeds are not too bad.

http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/M-Audio-Keystation-88-USB-Controller/ZNM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-9900-40832-00-Keystation-88es/dp/B0006676A0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419265424&sr=8-2&keywords=audio+88es

as said above... depends what you're prepared to spend. The AKAI MPK88 gets good posts on the Facebook page i'm on relating to modern keyboard sounds and loop controllers etc. I use a Novation Impulse 49 as my basic 1st midi controller and it's decent for only £200. However i would say it is on the basic production quality and feel. It works fine, but doesn't feel like good build quality. When i've really got to grips and want to move up i'd probably be looking at the AKAI. there are plenty of other options but depends on your price range!

I got a 61 key M-Audio Axiom a few months ago, and it is a nice semi weighted feel. I have a few 49 key unweighted but tbh I can't really get on with unweighted. And I have a 88 key fully weighted piano. The axiom is a good live keyboard, as it has the pads and drawbars etc. It was also less then £100 which is good!