Why become a member? ×

Hello from Leicester

Leicester Dave

Hi all,

I have found myself recently, in my early 40's, reaching that stage of frustrated guitarist. I have had dillusions of being a world renowned guitarist all my life and after 30 years, 2 electrics and an acoustic, I am starting to realise I may need a new dream.

So there I was and suddenly had a brain wave - why master 6 strings when I can cut that down by a third and become a fairly world renowned bassist (I am naturally lazy but am sure that has nothing to do with this 😕 )

So with my new dream that is totally do-able, I scoured ebay, not knowing a lot about gear etc. and ended up buying a Yamaha rbx374 and a 60 watt Marshall bass amp. I think I got a bargain but as I said, I am not that knowledgable about all things bass just yet. And to be fair, I could raid Geezers house, make away with his best 4 string and still make the same noise !

Anyways, I am waiting impaitently for delivery of the amp as I don't want to feed it through the guitar amp and do it damage.

Has anyone had experience of this Yammy and what is the verdict? I do hope to be trying to play classic rock with it eventually but that might take longer than I have left on this green and wonderous land.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1419289991' post='2638516']
Yamaha? Don't they make motorbikes? :huh:
[/quote]

Yes, they do. They also make guitars, pianos, synths, drum machines, drums, flutes, timpani, marimbas, brass & woodwind instruments, multitrack recorders, workstations, studio monitors, amplifiers, speakers cabs, computers and... archery equipment.

Edited by discreet

Thank you all for your replys and welcomes.

I do hope it is a bass guitar and not archery equipment, that could be unfortune mid practice session 😱

Damn I never thought of the Bass version of 6 stingers, nobody likes a show off !! 😜

Not even thought about gigging in a years time - sounds fantastic but I don't think many groups would want an overweight bass player in his 40's that brings his own archery equipment tagging along with them.

[quote name='Leicester Dave' timestamp='1419352949' post='2639078']
I do hope it is a bass guitar and not archery equipment, that could be unfortune mid practice session...
[/quote]

Yes, it might be an arrowing experience.

[quote name='Leicester Dave' timestamp='1419352949' post='2639078']
I don't think many groups would want an overweight bass player in his 40s...
[/quote]

Well that's where you are quite wrong. :)