Why become a member? ×

Hello From San Diego

RipperDen

Found this spot as I am getting back into music once again. Started playing guitar when I was 13 and played guitar and piano in bands in the 80s (just local stuff). Wrecked my left hand with a power tool in 90s and switched to playing bass and spent some time then just fooling around with music with former bandmates. Some of those guys got a bit more serious about music and I got myself all grown up with a career and family and couldn't really justify the time necessary to hang with them. At that time I bought a SR300 because it was a very modest investment but loved the action and general feel of it. Couldn't really vouch for the sound since I was playing through a 50 watt Crate amp. Took some more time off and am just getting back into playing again. Bought a SR700 because I wanted something a bit more (kept my 300). We have a bunch of "mature" musicians who just want to get out and play some music for people again, a bit of come when you want to play but don't feel the need to get married type of gig. We have a core group of guys who don't have anything better to do anyway and this keeps us from causing trouble at the "old folk's home." We play what is affectionally called Americana. Since this restart I upgraded to an Ampeg 115 and just bought a Zoom B3 for kicks (pun intended) which I will get tomorrow (my Christmas present to myself). I've never been much for effects (other than maybe a bit of reverb) on either guitar or bass but I figured what the heck. Just wanted to say hello to y'all.

Hi and welcome to Basschat. There are quite a few people on here using the B3 and it seems well liked so I think you'll have fun using it - I'm another Zoom user; mine's the valve endowed B9 - I use the amp and cab models, detune (as a chorus) and reverb more than anything else on it.

Oh and Merry Christmas!

[quote name='RipperDen' timestamp='1419447385' post='2640122']
Sure, if you would send us some of your rain. We're dry here in California.
[/quote]

Stick it in, Twist it \, Pull it out!! LOL

I live near Manchester UK, we have plenty of rain (snow at the moment!!!) How much do you want??

Remember your Sun Cream in your gig bag (funnily never had the need for it) !!!

B

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1419448561' post='2640147']
Hi and welcome to Basschat. There are quite a few people on here using the B3 and it seems well liked so I think you'll have fun using it - I'm another Zoom user; mine's the valve endowed B9 - I use the amp and cab models, detune (as a chorus) and reverb more than anything else on it.

Oh and Merry Christmas!
[/quote]

I found a really nice thread on the B3 on the talkbass site here in the US. I've never been much into effects, not even with a guitar, but I was intrigued with the amp/cab emulation mode for playing through the board during outside venues. I am surprisingly pleased with the drum machine as well.