Why become a member? ×

Hello from Chicago, Basschatters!

PJS

Greetings!

I have played electric bass for 26 years and counting. I'm not in a band but I remain a rather obsessed hobbyist at this stage. Presently the gear collection consists of a Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz, a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz, and a lovely G&L Custom Creations L-2000 with a spalted maple top. I'm extremely excited to share that I just ordered a new Wal several weeks ago, which is what prompted me to join your friendly forum, considering that most of you are much closer to the location where Wals are born than I am.

Thanks for reading!
PJS

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1419454479' post='2640211']
Welcome :) . I'm often around High Wycombe, believe me, you aint missing much!
[/quote]

That made me truly LOL. Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I will eagerly share my Wal NBD pictures...sometime around September of 2016. ;) I can't patiently wait for it, but it's not as if I have a choice. Though I certainly understand that it'll be worth the wait!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1419454479' post='2640211']
Welcome :) . I'm often around High Wycombe, believe me, you aint missing much!
[/quote]

You're right, I moved out in 1978. ;)

Walcome from another one who was born in High Wycombe and who was very fortunate to play in Blues Etcetera on West Belmont in the olden days, albeit only three numbers as a "guest". :)