Why become a member? ×

Paypal Gift Payments

We have been made aware of a number of transactions where goods have been paid for using the Paypal Gift system and the goods are never delivered afterwards.

Please be very aware that if you use this payment method there is no way of getting your money back if the deal goes wrong.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1420055929' post='2645301']
Also (hope I'm allowed to add here), be wary of receiving payment by PayPal gift as it can very easily be reversed by the sender once the item is shipped/received.
[/quote]

I didn't think it could, and that's the point of the thread ?

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1420059414' post='2645339']
www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-trading-market/general-trade-talk/487839-beware-of-paypal-gift-chargeback.html
[/quote]

Ah, credit card.

I guess he'd have to say that his card had been used without his authority or something ?

I claimed a charge back off my debit card when something wasn't delivered I'd bought off eBay a couple of years ago, I had to fill out forms and provide proof that I'd ordered something and it hadn't been sent out, proof being all the negative feedback the guy starting receiving, and screen prints of my case with eBay.

:)

• 11 months later...

Just a bit of a bump to remind people of the possible dangers of using this particular PayPal service.

We're still seeing complaints about non delivery of goods and 'sellers' disappearing once the money has been sent.

Please be very sure of what you are doing before using the gift option as there's no way of getting a refund once you've used it.