Why become a member? ×

OLP MM3 + Status Graphite Neck SOLD

dr.funk

Never thought I would sell this rather unique bass but I am off to uni in September and after a rather expensive Interrail trip need to drum up some cash.

Here is the spec of the OLP:
Body: Basswood Maple top
[s]Neck: North American Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard: Maple on Natural Only
Frets: 22 Jumbo [/s]
Scale: 34"
Hardware: Chrome (Black on Black Only)
Pickups: 1 MusicMan-Style - exposed poles
Controls: 2 volume, 1 Tone Knob

But it comes with a fully fitted Status Graphite neck, see [url="http://www.status-graphite.com/status/carts3/frames/necks1.htm"]here[/url]

If that is not enough this bass was also previously owned and used by basschats one and only 'ped'! Don't miss this chance to own a piece of basschat history :)

The cost of a new OLP MM3 is about £190 and the Status neck costs £276.59 from Status.

Looking for £300

[size=6][color="#FF0000"]SOLD to Kev[/color][/size]

[attachment=11777:DSCN1873.JPG]
[attachment=11778:DSC00035.JPG]

Edited by dr.funk

replied. :)

For the benefit of everyone I should mention Kev was asking whether I would consider splitting it. Would anyone have any interest in the body and electronics for a project? I realise the neck would be a bit awkward..

I wouldn't normally clog up someone's sale thread with inane twitter, but since you asked: I'm saving for an NYC Sadowsky Modern 5 24 fret :). I'm most of the way there, but I've showed remarkable restraint. You only have to place a $500 deposit to get a $4500 bass going (6 month build) but I've promised myself I won't order until I have at least $3000 of the $4500 I need :huh:

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='258459' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:06 PM']Bearing in mind the neck alone would cost you £325 to buy - this is a great buy for someone with a SR5 who wants to go graphite. If it was a 4er - I'd have it![/quote]

[quote name='ped' post='258466' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:12 PM']I am pretty sure I have a recording of this so I will post it up ASAP. Lovely bass, and frankly I preferred it to an SR5 I used a fair bit around the same time. Cheers
ped[/quote]

Cheers guys :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='258984' date='Aug 9 2008, 06:13 PM']pm'd, again[/quote]

PM'd you Kev.

Still available :huh: