Why become a member? ×

Double bass, heated marquee and cold weather?

stingrayPete1977

NYE gig tomorrow in a marquee set up in a pub car park, its heated plus possibly 250 people but it will still be cold in the van and outside the tent, I don't suppose there is much I can do other than put it in it's soft case then put it on it's stand on the stage before letting it alter to the tent a bit before fully removing the bag? At least I can blame my terrible intonation on the weather! Lol

I've done worse with mine and usually got away with it. AFAIK the situations to avoid are sudden changes in climate or unusually low humidity. Trying to get it into the marquee a while before you play is your best bet. Even if there's no harm done to the bass, warm tents are usually pretty humid and your hands will leave condensation all over a cold bass which can be annoying.

Thanks Beer, I will be at the venue for 7pm so I can put it in the stand out of the way of where we are setting up and opoen the bag a little at a time, once we are sound checked it will be sat in the tent as the people fill it up I suppose which I guess is better than turning up at 10pm opening up the gig bag and going on stage! I could take the Stagg but I fancy the DB and we have enough room.

Oohh I can see someone typing as I type.....