Why become a member? ×

NBD: Olympic White Am. Std. Precision

gsgbass

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1420112976' post='2645624']
Very nice GSG, looks a cracker.
[/quote]

Hey Lozz! Happy New Year! Thanks All for the kind words on the Precision. I've had a few good Precisions in 46 years, but this one is the best in my opinion I've had. Playability, tone, and overall quality construction is Right On! :sun_bespectacled: I do favor Olympic White / Maple also. Oh yeah, Nylons Rule!

Edited by gsgbass

Happy New year - I`ve just re-purchased a white/maple 2008 Precision. I bought it last year, then sold it, and missed it a fair bit. Was actually going to contact the Basschatter concerned and ask if, when he decide to move it on, I could have first refusal but he beat me to it and put it up on here, so I snapped it up. Has a mint green PG - tort usually my fave, but this kindof suits the bass so it`s staying. The 2008 onwards Precisions really are something.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1420137697' post='2646044']
Happy New year - I`ve just re-purchased a white/maple 2008 Precision. I bought it last year, then sold it, and missed it a fair bit. Was actually going to contact the Basschatter concerned and ask if, when he decide to move it on, I could have first refusal but he beat me to it and put it up on here, so I snapped it up. Has a mint green PG - tort usually my fave, but this kindof suits the bass so it`s staying. The 2008 onwards Precisions really are something.
[/quote]

I had the same thing happen with my 2013 Jazz :)

It plays well out of the box? The Quality Control of some new Fenders have been a bit suspect recently. My brand new 2011 US Standard had a terrible hump at the top of the neck which resulted in some work to make it playable.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1420058587' post='2645325']
I got this Am. Std. Precision for a last new bass for my 2014 year. I really like the Tort PG on this one.

[/quote]

Beautiful looking bass, congratulations! Nice start to the year :)

The tort guard does look really sweet too.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='HMX' timestamp='1422206022' post='2669832']
That's gorgeous. Looking at the MIM Arctic white colour - does it look as classy as the Olly white (paired with tort pickguard and maple neck)?
[/quote]

I like the [b]Arctic White[/b]. I wish it was available with an Am. Std. Bass. The Arctic white I think, looks great with a Maple board. I would think the Tort would be fine, I just really like the White Pearl better.