Why become a member? ×

Mike leads

tom1946

Hi all,

with our current 'church' setup we use a Roland CM30 multi input speaker with a female mike input, we send the signal via an Alto Zephyer mixer that also uses a female input from the mike. I can't seem to find any male to male XLR cables. I have been using quarter jacks but I prefer XLR for mike leads.

Where can I buy them? Is there a reason no one sells them?

thanks for any help.

I'm a bit confused as to how you're looking to hook this up. You've described two devices (speaker and mixer) as having female connections for a mic input, which is the norm. A mic has a male XLR on board so you'd use a female to make from mic to mixer or speaker. If you're looking to connect the same mic to both, you might be looking for a Y splitter with a female XLR connector that splits the signal to two male outputs. Otherwise, if you're looking to connect the output of your mixer to the powered speaker, you may need a jack to Male XLR. If you can be more specific about what you're trying to achieve, someone can no doubt give you the answer. Connecting two XLR inputs directly together doesn't seen to make a whole lot of sense!

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1420144538' post='2646145']...
thanks for any help.
[/quote]

Good afternoon, Tom...

I, too, am confused as to your intentions here. We could guess, but it would help more if you could whip up a simple diagram, showing exactly what you want to connect to where. There will be solutions, whatever you're after, but some will be more appropriate (and suitable quality...) than others. To connect one mic input to another mic input is [i]not [/i]a Good Idea; there are better ways of doing things (ie: correctly...). Any chance of sketch, or, at worst, a clear description of what result you're looking for..? It sounds as if you have a problem. Give us your problem to solve, not your solution, please..?