Why become a member? ×

2-channel preamp for acoustic- where to buy?

cameltoe

Drawn a bit of a blank on this one. Am looking for something for the band, to warm up the frontman's guitar and mandolin. I've seen plenty of acoustic preamp pedals from the likes of LR Baggs and Fishman, but all seem to be single channel, which is ok, but we'd need to buy 2, and our singer would get confused!

Ideally I'd like something valvey to give both mandolin and the acoustic additional depth and a bit of tubey warmth, and preferably I'd like it rack mounted so that I'm in charge! The singer does get irate and flaps easily, so a pedal will likely mean I'm rushing forward between songs to adjust for him.

I've seen the odd bits for recording studios which are big bucks, this will be only for live sound and as always, we have a tight budget. Am I asking too much or does something suitable exist?

Thanks!

Look at Orchid Electronics - Jon made a two input/switching DI for me ( for similar reasons). Must have an input gain for each instrument...then it had a footswitch (with lights) to select and a mute/tune footswitch. Very easy to use. Not cheap but Jon's stuff sounds great and you get a quality DI output for both instruments already balanced for the PA to use.

not exactly 19" and no tube but works fine and you can use a rack adapter:
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/dtar_solstice.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...ar_solstice.htm[/url]

Edited by krysh