Why become a member? ×

MJT

JamesBass

So after contacting Mark at Limelight and him not able to do what I want I've been faced with a decision, the decision being that I needed to find either an alternative colour or a completely different route to what I want. During my research I found MJT over in the States and while I haven't spoken to these guys yet they have a positive review from those over on TalkBass, which can be a great sign in itself! Looking at MJT's website I'm really impressed with the paint jobs so a body or full bass might well be on order from there soon!

http://mjtagedfinishes.com/default.html

Edited by JamesBass

Often see MJT stuff popping up on eBay. Nice finishes from what I've seen, although I think ice only seen bodies not complete builds.

You could look at this guy in France, can't comment on them from any personal experience but they look nice.
http://www.stevie-g.fr/BIENVENUE.html

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1420312929' post='2648017']
MJT, in my opinion, do the best relic paintjobs around. Genuine checking, unlike anything i've seen elsewhere or currently available. I've bought 2 in the past, both exceptional.
[/quote]
Is that 2 bodies or 2 full builds?

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1420399313' post='2648932']
Cheers Rick! Just out of curiosity where do you go for your necks?
[/quote]

I'm still searching for the right spec Jazz neck for one of them, and the other was for a '66 slab precision, and had to be a maple-cap neck, which are very scarce, so i had to get that from a Roger Waters signature reissue. Good, vintage correct necks are surprisingly hard to get hold of!?! :(

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1420400537' post='2648969']
I'm still searching for the right spec Jazz neck for one of them, and the other was for a '66 slab precision, and had to be a maple-cap neck, which are very scarce, so i had to get that from a Roger Waters signature reissue. Good, vintage correct necks are surprisingly hard to get hold of!?! :(
[/quote]
Tell me about it! I'm looking to get one for a P from musikraft who even offer Brazilian Rosewood as a fingerboard option but currently researching if that's ok to bring to the UK!

http://musikraft.com

Edited by JamesBass

• 4 months later...

Old thread resurrection alert (thus proving some basschatters check to see if the topic has come up here before :lol: ) - Anyhow, i am shortly about to pull the trigger on one of their jazz bodies for my 74 jazz as it is way to heavy for regular gigging (i will of course keep the original ash body), quite impressed by their website too :)

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1432240712' post='2779703']
Old thread resurrection alert (thus proving some basschatters check to see if the topic has come up here before :lol: ) - Anyhow, i am shortly about to pull the trigger on one of their jazz bodies for my 74 jazz as it is way to heavy for regular gigging (i will of course keep the original ash body), quite impressed by their website too :)
[/quote]
Interested to know how the body turns out! Of course pics will be needed! ;)