Why become a member? ×

Delays in receiving items shipped from Thoman

afterimage

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1420533134' post='2650258']
I have no idea what this means. Is this an auto correct error, or some sort of phrase I've never heard before? Are you enjoying braying like a donkey? If so, why? We must know!
[/quote]

hee haw == Scottish term for nothing. "Spare any change, mate?" "Sorry, I've got hee haw".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hee+haw

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1420534351' post='2650274']

I've never had any problems, ordered several times. Usually on Sunday or Mondays and its alway arrived by 8.00 am following Thursday, sometimes late Wednesday. Usually have it delivered to work and that may help as we have Parcel Force deliveries most days and are <10 miles from a big depot. Home delivery I suspect may give me problems.
[/quote]

I just ordered a new guitar from them yesterday so I am now really looking forward to Thursday...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1420459371' post='2649486']

I've used them in the past and I've never had a problem either, in fact I can't actually recall seeing any complaints about them here previously, which is a bit of a record. :D

The thing that tickled me was their tracking system.
My parcel was picked and despatched in a matter of an hour or so.
It left Germany and arrived in France a few hours later.
It arrived in the UK the following morning.
Pretty damn good I thought. :)

It then wobbled up the country through various depots and was finally delivered three days later.

Seems ironic that they can get a parcel all the way from Germany to England in slightly less than 24 hours, but that final 170 miles took 72 hours...
[/quote]

It's because the last leg is handled by UK workers who are over worked and underpaid by companies always looking to improve profit over service and work conditions. Followed by the ridiculous pay of managers, and manager's manager etc etc.

I got a parcel from UPS at around 7:30 at night on a Friday!!! And he told me they are looking to introduce the same 7/8am till 8pm on Saturdays too.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1420468847' post='2649629']
Never had any problems with Thomann - I've had more problems with the UK based companies than I have with Thomann (which is zero).

What's this about Germans and efficiency?
[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1420541984' post='2650370']
It's because the last leg is handled by UK workers who are over worked and underpaid by companies always looking to improve profit over service and work conditions. Followed by the ridiculous pay of managers, and manager's manager etc etc.

I got a parcel from UPS at around 7:30 at night on a Friday!!! And he told me they are looking to introduce the same 7/8am till 8pm on Saturdays too.
[/quote]

.. and then be the "whipping boys" for the inadequacies of those managers and computer systems 6 days a week

Edited by mentalextra

I've ordered loads of stuff from Thomann over the years and have always received superb and speedy service. Once ordered a bass cab online at around midnight on a Sunday. Received an email at 7am the next day to say the item had been shipped! It arrived on the Wednesday morning. Excellent service!

I have two items currently on order with Thomann. Their site says both items shipped Monday evening, but no tracking details at all on their site so I had to email them for an update. Thomann are under the impression my items have shipped, but the DHL site just says "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically", so who knows where they are at the moment! :blink:

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1420643039' post='2651657']
I have two items currnetly on order with Thomann. Their site says both items shipped Monday evening, but no tracking details at all on their site so I had to email them for an update. Thomann are under the impression my items have shipped, but the DHL site just says "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically", so who knows where they are at the moment! :blink:
[/quote]

I ordered my guitar Monday and it still says on the website that my ordered hasnt even been processed by Thomann yet which is disapointing.

Perhaps they have backlog from over Christmas.

Will give them an email tomorrow if nothing happens by the end of today.

Edited by Weststarx

I could understand them sending me one bass with issues but the replacement had those issues and enough grime and play time to kill the round wound strings that were on it. It had been signed off by their QC and was supposed to be brand new, their proposed solution was a £40 reduction off the £1000 price.

Also in the time it took them to process the refund the GBP to Euro meant I lost a chunk of cash as well. Their customer service department was less than helpful and though I can see my experience isn't common amongst their customers I won't be using them again.

I've used Thomann on numerous occasions and they have always been superb. The tracking service has always been accurate, so no complaints there. Having said that, a guitar arrived damaged once but Thomann sorted it quickly. Excellent customer service.

I ordered a guitar from Andertons in Guilford a month or two ago and they used UPS. I ordered at lunch time on Wednesday and it arrived at my doorstep in France at midday Friday.

So good service from both couriers.

Excellent service from Thomann always too...and I've used them quite a few times!

Even when returning a bass I bought, which was really nice but I found a nicer one here on Basschat two days later, I rang them to have it returned and they arranged everything for me and didn't cost me a penny, no question asked.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1420663551' post='2651986']
They have located it but went off parcel tracking. I did log into Thomann and had correct shipping address as I have bought a bass another case and amp of them last year waiting delivery
[/quote]
If you are still waiting for delivery for an order from last year (is that 2013 btw?), I would maybe check the address once more;-).

Back to the current order: Based on your posts, there is no evidence whatsoever that Thomann is to blame that you are still waiting for your order. Could be anything from you entering the address in a wrong way, one of the involved shipping companies could have an issue, the label could be smudged or torn etc. I hope you get your order soon, and also consider updating the title of the case, to make sure the right goat is scaped.
As many others here, I have always had great service from Thomann. Only once have I received a faulty item, and a replacement was quickly sent without having to return the faulty one.

a.

Thomann have just shipped my guitar after 3 days, I guess a lot of people are ordering stuff with money they have received at Christmas etc and with it being the new year as well I can imagine they have quite a backlog at the moment.

Fingers crossed it arrives in one piece - its the first time ive ordered a guitar online!

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1420712595' post='2652339']
DHL collected my bass from Thomann on Monday.
According to the tracker, it hasn't moved an inch since then. <_<
[/quote]

See my post above, Tuesday was a bank holiday so the first day would have been yesterday 😊. It would have spent Tuesday sitting in a depot with all the other backlog of parcels from Christmas and the new year.

Edited by ambient