Why become a member? ×

Delays in receiving items shipped from Thoman

afterimage

I too, must defend Thomann. I've bought loads of gear from them over the years and the service has been second to none. Even though it's coming from Germany, it arrives quicker than many UK. Based firms!

I'd use them again easy!

I bought something last Sunday, 4th Jan and received order confirmation on the 5th. It was shipped on the 7th and has been sitting in UK Customs since waiting Customs clearance since the 8th. Perhaps it will pitch up sometime next week if I'm lucky.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1420930760' post='2655309']
I bought something last Sunday, 4th Jan and received order confirmation on the 5th. It was shipped on the 7th and has been sitting in UK Customs since waiting Customs clearance since the 8th. Perhaps it will pitch up sometime next week if I'm lucky.
[/quote]

Same as mine, seems a bit odd, stuff from Europe getting stuck in customs ?

:)

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1420993128' post='2655915']
Might sound daft but I wonder if the slow process through customs has anything to do with all terrorist activity recently, everyones on high alert so maybe they are checking everything?
[/quote]

I was just wondering about that myself.

The 'default setting' for any Emergency Response plan is to take appropriate steps to secure all entry and exit points.

Being just a Walliams length away from France it'd be naïve to think we sat and did nothing. :)

I ordered some in stock gear on 2nd, they emailed on 7th saying it was despatched that day (pretty long wait for Thomann), but the link they've sent doesn't work and I have no info on whether the stuff is in the UK or not. I ordered some PUPs from the US the same day and they are here already (used the ebay global postage thingy so they didn't need to go through the import duty process here). I'm not overly fussed about it, but I've never had to wait so long for stuff from Thomann and I've never had poor tracking info from them before. Might be the courier has let them down?

Just noted a Service update on Parcel Force website (as I await a NBD....)

[color=#daa520]Last updated: 8:51 Wed. 14th Jan.[/color]

[b][color=#daa520]Paris incident[/color][/b]

[color=#daa520][b]Heightened Security[/b][/color]
[color=#daa520][b]Due to issues of national security and potential threat to the public, there has been increased screening of parcels arriving in the UK.[/b][/color]
[color=#daa520]Royal Mail Group is assisting the national agencies and hope to minimise the delays as far as possible[/color]

I received a very detailed email from Thomann about my package complete with tracking info and a link to the Parcelfarce web site.

Having spent all weekend in customs It arrived yesterday, 9 days after order placement.

I can only praise Thomann. I bought a pair of Genelec monitors from them in November, one went wrong at the weekend, so I emailed them Sunday, Monday I had a reply and a return shipping label, I sent it back Monday afternoon, yesterday I had an email confirming receipt and saying that they were fixing it.

Do many UK stores offer a 3 year warranty on top of the manufacturers ?

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1420999746' post='2656031']
I ordered some in stock gear on 2nd, they emailed on 7th saying it was despatched that day (pretty long wait for Thomann), but the link they've sent doesn't work and I have no info on whether the stuff is in the UK or not. I ordered some PUPs from the US the same day and they are here already (used the ebay global postage thingy so they didn't need to go through the import duty process here). I'm not overly fussed about it, but I've never had to wait so long for stuff from Thomann and I've never had poor tracking info from them before. Might be the courier has let them down?
[/quote]

Amusingly, my delivery has now arrived despite the fact that the tracking site says it hasn't :)

Infinitely preferable to the other way around of course.

I've always had good service from them, but stuff I ordered on the 4th Jan didn't get processed until 8th, and only got delivered yesterday (14th).

I guess it's still only 10 days or 7 working days, but when you're used to it being a lot slicker, it was a bit of concern at times. I also thought it was odd that I sent a mail to query why it hadn't been processed on the morning of the 8th - but didn't get a reply - only for me to get a notification a couple of hours later that it had been processed.

Looking foward to playing with it all at the weekend.

All in all though - I would hope it would be the Christmas/New Year rush etc - I'm still not put off using them just yet...

Mine came after 7 working days which I guess you cant complain about seeing as it was after Christmas and its coming from Germany.

It took them 3 days to process the order and post it, but I guess if it was processed and shipped the same day I probably would've had it within 5 working days.

Guitar arrived with the box in a perfect condition and had an absolute ton of bubble wrapp inside the box so was really pleased.

Will deffo order a guitar from there again.

Imagine how many extra orders were placed during the closure of the store from people spending christmas money all over europe! I think we need to be realistic, if this was a UK store they would be hiding behind the holiday period as an excuse until what March? Lol, looks like they took about three days all in to catch up and as someone else pointed out wasn't the 6th a holiday too, fair play I say.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1421417020' post='2660958']
Anyone who has emailed Thomann about problems with an order already delivered - how long before they have replied? Looks like they have only one email contact address and no direct access to the person designated as 'your contact person'.
[/quote]

Same day, maybe next day.

There's a long list of email address on the website.

:)