Why become a member? ×

Delays in receiving items shipped from Thoman

afterimage

I think they are back to up to speed now after the Christmas holidays.

My most recent (15th!) order was placed on 31/12 and the items arrived 12/1, which is pretty good considering they were closed until 6/1.

I returned the bass I bought on Wednesday this week (pre-paid by Thomann with UPS), and they received back this morning and have already refunded me the money!

Reply to my email received from Thomann, after re-sending to another address (thanks ambient, for the pointer).

They want me to send a photo of the wrong item before proceeding further. I've just re-packed it. I'm sure I'm capable of counting the number of pickups on a bass. Clearly there are fewer than the one sold to me.... I'll keep you posted. Now't will happen until Monday now.... Since it is a B stock item, now sold out, looks like I'll have to cancel. One UK dealer is offering to match UK and european prices. Wonder if they will if I have to go for a non-B grade?

I assured them I'm capable of counting the pickups, they have now sent me a UPS return label. No NBD in the forseeable future :(
I suspect the inner carton was incorrectly labelled by Squier, but since it is now repacked I cannot check. So no fault of Thomann's, seems to be the case that most of the posts in this thread are not about Thomann faults.

EDIT:Just re-opened the outer box to put note inside, as requested. Inner box is marked up incorrectly by Thomann, so a Thomann cock up, not Squier.

Edited by pfretrock

I know their tracking notifications can lag up to 24hrs, hence products still listed as Out for Delivery when they're already with you.

There's huge demand over Xmas period, combined with overloaded couriers.

Ordered some Korg stuff 27/12. 'In stock' at point of order, but 'out of stock' by the time the order completed. Fine really, just a difficult time of year. Currently in transit.
Thomann CS generally excellent, and their English a lot better than mein deutsch

Edited by Drax

I have had very good service off them over the years. Bought lot's of gear off them, both for the band and myself.
I have had 2 items replaced and fixed under warranty ( had both over 2 years) no questions asked. Free postage return and replacement.
They have even forced the local music stores to be more competitive on pricing. I guess that has been hard for them but great as a customer.

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1421325709' post='2659835']
I've always had good service from them, but stuff I ordered on the 4th Jan didn't get processed until 8th, and only got delivered yesterday (14th).

I guess it's still only 10 days or 7 working days, but when you're used to it being a lot slicker, [/quote]

They never process anything on Sundays (ie the 4th) and the 6th of January is a public holiday in much of Germany. They may well have also closed on the fifth. Less than 7 working days for delivery from Germany, just after Christmas, in the same period that there's been a major terrrorist attack in continental Europe, is fairly impressive in my eyes.

In the last month I had at least three parcels sent to me from within the UK that took over three weeks to arrive. Christmas in the era of the internet puts incredible strain on delivery services.

i checked thorman out after reading about them on here - ordered bass late on saturday 10th jan, recieved 16th, packaged really well and £100 cheaper than uk shops, will def order from them again. the thorman premises is massive so they shift loads stock and there will always be the odd cock up

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1422019910' post='2667817']
I ordered my new bass on Monday, and yesterday the tracker said it was still in the depot at Köln :-(
Was hoping it would come today but I'm guessing Monday now.
[/quote]

Last time I tracked, the updates on the Thomann site were arriving 48 hrs later. Did they give you a link to the delivery company's tracker?

Was looking to buy one of the Fender FSR swirl finish strats thomann have for sale. Sent them a quick email to see if the image shown was the actual instrument for sale or a stock image. Received a quick reply stating it was a stock image and that they had quite a few in stock. Asked if it was possible to take a few quick photos of a few of them so I could choose the finish I liked best and was told this wasn't possible and that they could take a picture of one. Didn't think my request was too unusual for an instrument where the finishes are highly variable. End result, Thomann lose a sale. Had a mixture of dealings in the past but on the whole most have been positive.

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1422284415' post='2670651']
Would there likely be customs charges to pay on this item? According to the Parcelforce tracker it's STILL in Köln....hasn't moved since Thursday. Getting very anxious now, plus the Thomann website is now saying that the item is no longer part of their product range!!
[/quote]

No, it's coming from Germany.

I sent a faulty studio monitor back to them a couple of weeks ago, and had an email last Friday to say it was being replaced and the new one was on its way. That hasn't moved from Koln either, last updated Saturday.

I'm expecting it will update later today to say it's in the UK, and possibly (from my experience with ordering a lot of gear from them), it'll hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

I do think the title of this thread should be changed, after all, it's mostly down to couriers and not Thomann.