Why become a member? ×

Delays in receiving items shipped from Thoman

afterimage

I have to defend Thomann.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble with them/courier.

If you are desperate on the time front, I wouldn't rely on a courier getting it over from Europe especially so soon after the holiday period, but that sounds besides the point here.

I ordered a case from them, turned up the second working day after I ordered - better service than I've had from Uk based companies (in general). I've always found them very impressive if I want a good price and not bothered about after sales service (purely because of the distance). Many people I know have had the same experience. Very much what I have come to expect from 'German' standard of service/quality. I know on certain items many uk suppliers wave the white flag, and don't stock things as they can't compete with Thomann, so they'd be glad to hear of inconvenience to uk customers I'm sure! It's competitive out there!

I've found Thomann to be great in the past. Hope this is a one off, and that they acknowledge your inconvenience.

Edited by fingerz

[quote name='fingerz' timestamp='1420457976' post='2649466']
I have to defend Thomann.
[/quote]

I've used them in the past and I've never had a problem either, in fact I can't actually recall seeing any complaints about them here previously, which is a bit of a record. :D

The thing that tickled me was their tracking system.
My parcel was picked and despatched in a matter of an hour or so.
It left Germany and arrived in France a few hours later.
It arrived in the UK the following morning.
Pretty damn good I thought. :)

It then wobbled up the country through various depots and was finally delivered three days later.

Seems ironic that they can get a parcel all the way from Germany to England in slightly less than 24 hours, but that final 170 miles took 72 hours...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1420459371' post='2649486']
Seems ironic that they can get a parcel all the way from Germany to England in slightly less than 24 hours, but that final 170 miles took 72 hours...
[/quote]

I bought a bass from Kukkanyan on here. It took just 3 days to get from Tokyo to UK, then sat in the Coventry depot of Parcel Force for a week whilst waiting for someone to get around to rubber stamping the customs declaration.

Strange what some people call s**t service :)

To me s**t service is buying a ticket from London to Birmingham New Street, due leave Euston at 4pm, not actually leaving until 5pm, finally arriving at Birmingham International at 7.30, then being abandoned there to find my own way to Birmingham New street.

Yes, that actually did happen, but this sounds like maybe an error, which taking into account the number of items they ship a week, will eventually happen.

It also sounds more to do with DHL than Thomann, who I've dealt with numerous times, and will do again.

Maybe the thread title needs amending slightly ?

:)

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1420490876' post='2650022']
I have also had no problems from DHL, but i am hardly prolific in dealing with couriers
[/quote]

I use variety of couriers on a daily basis for UK, USA and Europe. I use UPS,TNT, DHL and Fedex and all give great service. Yes sometimes something goes wrong, but its usually down to a driver or someone in a hub somewhere. Its a very competitive business and if a courier was crap at delivering they wouldnt be around.

My personal favourite for UK is Interlink as they have real time tracking, and I get great service from them, or Fedex where my local driver is a bass player, how cool is that..

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1420498375' post='2650124']
The package could not be delivered because of incorrect labelling
Was ordered on 27 th Dec contacted thoman not heard anything for three days
[/quote]

In my opinion, people and companies should be given a bit of latitude in the time between Christmas and New Year. God knows I am doing hee haw and enjoying it.

Well 'couldn't be delivered' does suggest that Thomann successfully delivered the package to DHL.

You obviously typed the correct shipping address (which generates the address label) so one can only assume that the label has got torn, defaced or damaged in some way.

I think I'd be inclined to call the local DHL depot and see if it's sat in a corner somewhere waiting for the missing details. :)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1420499521' post='2650140']
God knows I am doing hee haw and enjoying it.
[/quote]

I have no idea what this means. Is this an auto correct error, or some sort of phrase I've never heard before? Are you enjoying braying like a donkey? If so, why? We must know!

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1420499521' post='2650140']
In my opinion, people and companies should be given a bit of latitude in the time between Christmas and New Year. God knows I am doing hee haw and enjoying it.
[/quote]

This, especially as one of the days was Sunday!

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1420500720' post='2650159']
You obviously typed the correct shipping address (which generates the address label) so one can only assume that the label has got torn, defaced or damaged in some way.
[/quote]

Have you logged on to Thomann's website to check they have your address correct on file?

I've never had any problems, ordered several times. Usually on Sunday or Mondays and its alway arrived by 8.00 am following Thursday, sometimes late Wednesday. Usually have it delivered to work and that may help as we have Parcel Force deliveries most days and are <10 miles from a big depot. Home delivery I suspect may give me problems.