Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown Retroglide amp

deanovw

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1420713324' post='2652355']
Turns out that Retroglide is also the name of a Level 42 album......
[/quote]

Indeed it is... Mark Gooday (owner of Ashdown) is a friend of Mark King's and has full permission to use the name, although it is not linked to Mark King or Level 42 in any way

[quote name='BruceBass3901' timestamp='1420713845' post='2652366']
Indeed it is... Mark Gooday (owner of Ashdown) is a friend of Mark King's and has full permission to use the name, although it is not linked to Mark King or Level 42 in any way
[/quote]

Cool, thank you for the info. :D

I was on my own little nostalgia trip. Trace Elliot, Level 42, takes me back. :lol:

The Twitter account suggested that this was just one of many new products that Ashdown were looking to announce at NAMM later this month.

Personally I'm mixed on it. On the one hand I love the flexibility offered by the 12 band graphic eq, but then on the other hand it will be a bit restrictive - you won't easily be able to change your eq settings on the fly. The old trace amps had eq presets that were footswitch controlled, plus some of the other lightweight amps also offer other tonal shaping functions, e.g. a tube-sim pre-amp blend.

I'm guessing that the "800" refers to the wattage, and if it's anything like the rootmaster range, then it should be very reasonably priced. Meh, I'll watch this space!

And, of course, rather reminiscent of the Status Graphite Retroglide King Bass released a few years back to celebrate 25 years of Level 42.

I would have linked to the product page on the [url="http://www.status-graphite.com"]Status Graphite website[/url], but it's frames based and nigh on impossible.

Back to the Ashdown Streamliner, I too thought we'd given up on graphics on amps?

that's quite smart looking, personally i'd have preferred the eq from the superfly (graphic with lights and buttons rather than physical sliders,) it had loads of presets which could be midi-switched, it was only the power section that let it down (i used it DI'd in a studio once and got nothing but compliments on my tone)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...