Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Black 3/4 size double bass
£375

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000]Price or trade value: £260[/color][/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000]After a bike crash last summer I damaged my shoulder and was told it was unlikely it would recover enough to play bass guitar so I bought this double bass with the insurance pay out. [/color]

[color=#000000]My shoulder recovered after a couple of months and I prefer playing bass guitar so I'm selling the double as I've hardly used it. I'd be happy to consider a trade as my bass guitar's neck is twisting so could do with replacing and the wife says I've got to sell the double first!

[b]So, about the bass:[/b]

It's a Gear 4 Music 3/4 size double bass that I bought new direct. It's rare to find 4/4 size, most double basses used by rockabilly artists are 3/4 size.
I've fitted a pickup to the bass, but it can be removed without leaving a mark[/color][/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000]As I've hardly played it, the bass is in great condition, just with a little bit of wear on the fretboard and a bit of wear to the bow from learning how to add rosin and use it. [/color]

[color=#000000]I've fitted a pick up to the bridge, this is held in purely by friction and the jack socket is by a bolt though one of the string holes, it can be removed without leaving a mark on the bass. [/color]

[color=#000000]There's a little bit of stitching on the grab handle on the case that's pulled but it doesn't affect the use of the case or picking it up by the handle.[/color][/size][/font]

[b][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Delivery / collection[/size][/font][/b]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000]I'm based north of Manchester (Bury), I'm not able to post it as it's too big and fragile, I would consider delivering in the Manchester area or further for a contribution towards fuel.[/color][/size][/font]

Pic from manufacturer's website until I can take pictures of the actual bass I'm selling
[attachment=180709:$(KGrHqYOKioE4rVnQ0zLBOP-yl5Bw!~~0_1.JPG]

[b]The following specification has been lifted from the manufacturer's website:[/b]

[b]3/4 (Jazz) Size Double Bass in BLACK[/b]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000]This Three Quarter Size (3/4) Double Bass with spruce top with a black finish, comes as complete outfit with bow and a lightweight hard case with wheels to provide total protection for your instrument. This is the ideal package for someone wanting to start learning the double bass or an advancing player wanting to expand their collection, combining quality with an exceptional price.[/color][/size][/font]

[b]Double Bass Outfit Features/Specifications:[/b]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000][b]Double Bass:[/b][/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Hand finished laminated instrument[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Canadian spruce belly[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Canadian maple back and sides[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Black gloss finish[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Fitted maple bridge[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Maple neck with jujube ebonized fingerboard[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Brass geared tuning pegs[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Ebony endpin[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Alloy tailpiece[/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000][b]Bow:[/b][/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Round stick French style pernambuco bow with horsehair[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Ebony adjuster with two nickel bands[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Nickel silver lapping with leather thumbpiece[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Half mounted and lined round heel rosewood frog with ABS slide[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]ABS Tip[/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=georgia,serif][size=4][color=#000000][b]Case:[/b][/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Canvas covered featherweight hard case with zips, straps and zippable sheet music pocket[/size][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][size=4]Canvas gig bag also included[/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b] I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can. [/b][/size][/font]

Edited by 2stringsmcginty

Reduced to £260 for quick sale, can deliver within 20 miles of Manchester / Bury

Click on the pics to make them bigger, not sure why they're only this size

Hard case (there is a gig bag included)
[attachment=181108:DSCN0639.JPG]

Bit of stitching on the strap that's pulled as mentioned in the main listing
[attachment=181107:DSCN0640.JPG]

[attachment=181106:DSCN0641.JPG]

[attachment=181105:DSCN0642.JPG]

[attachment=181110:DSCN0644.JPG]

Pickup
[attachment=181111:DSCN0643.JPG]

Bow
[attachment=181109:DSCN0645.JPG]