Why become a member? ×

Budda Chakra: opinions?

TRBboy

Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen my recent thread about the BBE Opto Stomp. After deciding that it probably isn't the right comp for me, I've looked at lots of pedals, and read lots of reviews, and come to the conclusion that the Budda Chakra is the one that will suit me best. It seems to have/do everything I'm looking for, the Ovnilab review is superb, and the price is great (currently about £60 from various places).

Before I steam ahead and order one, I just thought if was worth asking on BC if anyone has had any experience with these, be it good or bad. I'd be grateful to hear anyone's opinions.

Ta :D

Edited by TRBboy

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Andytre' timestamp='1430986641' post='2766498']
iv had one a year or so now probably the best compressor i've had for bass, i run it through the master FX loop on my genz shuttlemax and it improves my sound and helps fatten out those higher notes!
[/quote]

Sweet just what I wanted to hear :)

At £49 it's worth a punt at least

[quote name='mrn1989' timestamp='1430943737' post='2766264']
Hey @TRBboy how did you get on with it, I've just ordered one myself I got it a £49 which looks like a steal
[/quote]

Hey man, sorry for the delay.

At £49, it's by far the best comp out there for the money. Tbh, for £100 it possibly would be! I've had more since January and it's incredible. Exactly what I was looking for; a great optical comp which can add subtle compression, add a bit of girth, and really make the higher strings cut through strongly in the mix, with no perceptible losses and quiet operation. The controls do interact with each other a lot, particularly the gain control, which will affect the response of the other controls considerably. You will need to spend a little time tweaking to start with, but once you hit your sweet spot, you'll love it! :D

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1430995274' post='2766624']

Hey man, sorry for the delay.

At £49, it's by far the best comp out there for the money. Tbh, for £100 it possibly would be! I've had more since January and it's incredible. Exactly what I was looking for; a great optical comp which can add subtle compression, add a bit of girth, and really make the higher strings cut through strongly in the mix, with no perceptible losses and quiet operation. The controls do interact with each other a lot, particularly the gain control, which will affect the response of the other controls considerably. You will need to spend a little time tweaking to start with, but once you hit your sweet spot, you'll love it! :D
[/quote]

Hey no probs thanks for the reply. Just out of interest whats your typical setup and how are you setting it

[quote name='mrn1989' timestamp='1430995827' post='2766633']
Hey no probs thanks for the reply. Just out of interest whats your typical setup and how are you setting it
[/quote]

I usually have the gain at about 1-2 o'clock, the level at about 11 o'clock, Compression at about 10 o'clock, and the attack around 12 o'clock.

I just leave it on...... :D it works for my setup and playing style anyway.

Just received mine. Though I am awful with Compressors so I don't know how good my opinion will be! Seems solid enough. Manual looks a bit useless. Wouldn't mind changing the chicken knobs to make it look a little different to other Joyo/Chinese pedals)

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1431081988' post='2767578']
Just received mine. Though I am awful with Compressors so I don't know how good my opinion will be! Seems solid enough. Manual looks a bit useless. Wouldn't mind changing the chicken knobs to make it look a little different to other Joyo/Chinese pedals)
[/quote]

Yea I suck with compressors too lol
I have a gig Saturday so I will give you my verdict then, but seems solid

Edited by mrn1989

• 10 months later...