Why become a member? ×

I'm suffering pedalboard anxiety :/

Wooks79

I have a big pedalboard, set up just how I like it, but it is sometimes a problem setting up on small stages, so I kind of want to thin down and only have the essentials (well essential for me anyway) on a smaller board...

But I don't feel like I wanna touch my board in case I do it, then regret it, then have to have the hassle of trying to put it all back just how I had it.

Daft problem to have really isn't it :D haha

Anyone else had these sort of pedalboard worries? Did you do it?

I've never managed to get to the point of having a fully finalised board and don't think i ever will, i'm always moving things or experimenting. There are some regular pedals that are always in the mix, but i've never settled on any definite set up. For me it's been made a bit more fun by starting to learn guitar, so i'm now experimenting with which pedals work on guitar as well as bass. That has opened my eyes to some pedals that i'd kind of given up on.

Best advice i'd say is take photos of the whole board, and then photos of all the individual settings of each pedal so you can very easily get it back to close to how it was (however if you have a load of presets saved that you might then change, i understand your reluctance as it can be difficult to dial presets back in unless your able to get an accurate photo of the settings)

G.A.S is and always will be a problem!

I have gone through many boards in the past years and even when I think that I have managed to be happy, something new pops out or I get involved in a new project and I have to re-design it all again.

I like it, it is a fun process.

Edited by Byo

My pedalboard isn't very big, it's a 5-pedal home-made board and pretty compact but for those times when i know i'll be playing in a tight space it still may become a problem so i ended buying a zoom B3. It's also very handy for practising at home and take to rehearsalls inside the gigbag with a couple of cables.

haha. I made a pedal board once. Out of MDF , all slanted and everything, sprayed in camo (what was I thinking). It weighed more than the 4 pedals on it. Gave up on pedalboard as such. Got a kind of gigbag board thingy with tuner, wah, J&H . All I need really. Even these 3 tend to drop in to the middle of the bag when I carry it over my shoulder. Not tried pedals with bass yet.

[quote name='gadgie' timestamp='1421368856' post='2660579']
haha. I made a pedal board once. Out of MDF , all slanted and everything, sprayed in camo (what was I thinking). It weighed more than the 4 pedals on it. Gave up on pedalboard as such. Got a kind of gigbag board thingy with tuner, wah, J&H . All I need really. Even these 3 tend to drop in to the middle of the bag when I carry it over my shoulder. Not tried pedals with bass yet.
[/quote]
And what exactly is wrong with camo??

And you should see the pedalboard I have planned for this year, it wouldn't look out of place on the set of Aliens (I am even going to incorporate a UV reactive Weyland - Yutani logo). I rather suspect that, should I ever get around to gigging again, I will have to check the strength of any stage I might have to use. I haven't even got that many pedals, I just like making sh*t.