Why become a member? ×

Westfield E4500

Greggo

Had a play on one of these budget les paul copies in a guitar shop today and I have to say was very impressed! It is the "higher" end E4500 model so had good hardware and some other fancy touches.

Build quality and feel was better than some of the high end epiphone they had in stock and it actually rocked pretty hard.

Anyone else had much experience of these? It is £150 which to be fair for this model is generally what I've seen people flog them for privately although I imagine if I got lucky could be got for half price which I would definitely snap one up for!

Edited by Greggo

A friend gave me one to set up for his son in law. I found the build quality of the through neck construction to be very good and the instrument very very playable (once I had set it up, I admit).
I didn't test the guitar at gig volume, so can't comment on how the pickups are in that situation. That being said, if they were found to be wanting, I would happily invest in a set of Kent Armstrongs or Seymour Duncans for the instrument, as the finished result would be a very usable guitar.

Are they worth the money ? definately. A used one ? bargain ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a right quandary as to whether to pull the trigger on this at the expense of trading my bass in (which I don't use as much anymore). I'd get £120 in trade in for my Yamaha BB414 so would need to put another £30 towards it. Had another play in the shop other day and compared to anything else in the same price bracket (which included Epiphone Les Paul and SG specials which are budget bolt on versions) the E4500 blew them out ty the water and it just feels nice.

What to do what to do!

Edited by Greggo

• 3 weeks later...

Is it like this one?

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/20131103_111418_zps5e93dc80.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

I've had it a about ten years, not a bad guitar, does me alright. It could do with some better pickups as the stock ones are a bit muddy -though tuning it to drop B probably doesn't help that