Why become a member? ×

Replacement 15" speaker

Badass

[quote name='Badass' timestamp='1421348478' post='2660276']
Already have a light weight set up, but very powerful. Just wanted to have a small portable combo for practice once a week, and the Hartke always fulfilled this until now.
[/quote]

GK MB150 or 200MB?

[quote name='grandad' timestamp='1421356571' post='2660404']
I tried replacing the speaker in a Roland CB100 with a Celestion Neo some time back. It sounded - not to good.
[/quote]

Yeah Roland bass cubes use some sort of ffp forward feed processing system where a sensor reads the speaker movement, compares it to the original signal and adjusts speaker output or something like that, the whole system is monitored.
So replacing the speaker would very likely mess with the whole thing.

I tried to fit a 15" McKenzie in my Hartke Kickback and it was too big.

WRT speaker impedance

[quote]Hey Pete,

The Kickback amplifiers are designed to work with the internal 6 ohm speaker for maximum output. The amplfier says 8ohms because we don't want people hooking them up to 4 ohm speakers. I'll check on the nomenclature in the manual etc. but no worries we make thousands of the Kickbacks and they are workhorses and extremely reliable. Enjoy!
Larry Hartke / Special Operations
Hartke Systems[/quote]

Had my Kickback 14 years now, use it for smaller gigs and as jam night backline, and a reliable workhorse it certainly is.

Edited by goingdownslow

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1421934815' post='2666755']Had my Kickback 14 years now, use it for smaller gigs and as jam night backline, and a reliable workhorse it certainly is.
[/quote]

Love it for same reasons as you, but it's just too heavy for me at the moment.