Why become a member? ×

Bob here, hi!

Bob G

Hello, Bob here from wonderful Welwyn Garden City. I'm 58 and been playing various instruments for 50 years - mainly bass guitar and acoustic guitar but also keyboard (throwback to childhood piano lessons) and drums, although for the last 10 years I've been playing saxophones almost exclusively. I have been the proud owner of a double bass since just yesterday, and want to get into some jazz playing, probably at the simpler or more bluesy end. I may well have some very basic questions to ask in the future, and this seems like a good place. Cheers (with aching fingers!), Bob

Good evening, Bob, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Much to read here to inform, to amuse, to share. Welwyn garden City, eh..? We'll try not to hold that against you..! ;)[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]There's a very active double bass (db...) section here (see link below...); I'd suggest you have a scout around in there for tips. The 'standard' recommendation seems to be 'Find a good db teacher near you'; it might save you problems later on..?[/size]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/forum/14-eub-and-double-basses/"][size=4]EUB and Double Basses ... [/size][/url]

[size=4]Well..? Don't just sit there..! What are you waiting for, lad..? Get thee hence..! :)[/size]

• 1 month later...

Hello Bob

Greetings from another Welwyn Hatfielder...there are a few of us here...

Hope you'll be joining us for The Herts Bass bash later in the year where you can put faces to usernames and try out each other's gear...check out the links in the "Events" thread..