Why become a member? ×

So whos up for another South west bash?

0175westwood29

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1421969148' post='2667391']

This would a hundred times better! :)
[/quote]
no reason we couldn't do both. There sounds a fair few people wanting to do exeter already but could do a brizzle one too.

HELP

I'm desperate to organise a meet up to try out the Basschat 1x12 speakers I've designed. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/227904-1x12-cab-design-diary/"]http://basschat.co.u...b-design-diary/[/url]

This could be part of the meet up you are talking about or an extra that you'd all be welcome to. I live halfway between Chard and Axminster but practice with my band in Exeter and I'd be happy to do the organisation.

Effectively you'd be testing out the beta version of the cabs for me before I build the final version and release the designs, which will be provided free of charge to everyone via Basschat. I'd bring along some basses (American Deluxe P and highway one J) and an amp but would love any other amps/basses to test the speakers with.

Ideally I'd want to get on and organise this quickly so the designs can go out, and midweek would be great as one of the delays has been busy weekends gigging but I'm pretty flexible. TBH if I thought I'd get half a dozen people I'd go ahead.

Edited by Phil Starr

I would assume it would be a lot harder getting people on a weekend evening as it restricts the range of the people who can attend, but if you want to organise something, then put out a prospective day and location and see who can attend.
I certainly couldn't do exeter on a weekday, but maybe there are a few people down that area.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1422873082' post='2677664']
I would assume it would be a lot harder getting people on a weekend evening as it restricts the range of the people who can attend, but if you want to organise something, then put out a prospective day and location and see who can attend.
I certainly couldn't do exeter on a weekday, but maybe there are a few people down that area.
[/quote]

Whereabouts in Somerset are you? I'd have thought quite near here You don't get more bottom end than Chard :)

[quote name='Phil Starr' timestamp='1422867045' post='2677588']
HELP

I'm desperate to organise a meet up to try out the Basschat 1x12 speakers I've designed. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/227904-1x12-cab-design-diary/"]http://basschat.co.u...b-design-diary/[/url]

This could be part of the meet up you are talking about or an extra that you'd all be welcome to. I live halfway between Chard and Axminster but practice with my band in Exeter and I'd be happy to do the organisation.

Effectively you'd be testing out the beta version of the cabs for me before I build the final version and release the designs, which will be provided free of charge to everyone via Basschat. I'd bring along some basses (American Deluxe P and highway one J) and an amp but would love any other amps/basses to test the speakers with.

Ideally I'd want to get on and organise this quickly so the designs can go out, and midweek would be great as one of the delays has been busy weekends gigging but I'm pretty flexible. TBH if I thought I'd get half a dozen people I'd go ahead.
[/quote]

Hey Phil, I can bring the ampeg head to test the cab
would be great if you could sort this matey!

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1423167941' post='2681785']
Hey Phil, I can bring the ampeg head to test the cab
would be great if you could sort this matey!
[/quote]
Hi Steve,
This looks like a runner now.

We've been playing a few gigs down your way recently, mostly private functions in the Rec but you'd be welcome if you get a gap in your own gigs. Hope it's going well with you.

Phil

Looks like we could have enough people but finding somewhere easy enough for Yeovil through to Newton Abbot could be interesting. I might look for something just off the A30/303 to keep the travelling simple

Using a range of amps and having some quality commercial cabs to compare would be interesting too.

My preference is for a midweek eve to keep the weekends free for gigging, is that good for most of you?

Now to find a venue.