Why become a member? ×

Hanson Pickups - great customer service

brensabre79

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, I just wanted to say a big [b]thank you[/b] to [url="http://www.hansonpickups.com/"]Hanson pickups[/url], and particularly Bo Pirruccello for going far beyond what is expected these days.

I bought a used Lakland Decade last year, unfortunately not long afterwards the pickups (both) became microphonic - which was a shame because they make a great sound, these are also the less common humbucking type. The bass (made in 2008) is way out of warranty even if I was the original owner - which I'm not.

Being sealed in epoxy, I was told there's not much scope for repair with these [url="http://www.hansonpickups.com/chisonics.htm"]Chi-Sonics[/url], so replacing them seemed the only solution. As these pickups are an unusual size/shape (and I love the sound) the only logical replacements would be the same thing.

So I approached Hanson Pickups (who made the originals for Lakland) with the intention of buying a replacement set. When I explained the reason for replacing them, I was asked for my shipping address and told that a replacement set of Chi-sonic humbuckers would be shipped out to me as soon as they could fit them into production. No charge.

They seemed genuinely surprised to hear of the fault at also extremely keen to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Just 2 weeks on, and I'm delighted to be in possession of a replacement set courtesy of Hanson pickups.

This is a level of customer service that is all to rare, so I wanted to share it with you all because not all companies are out for a quick buck, some genuinely do care about and look after people who use their stuff.

That's top notch. File them with Schaller and whoever does Hartke's UK stuff (Korg?) from whom I have received similar, no questions asked replacements for broken/missing stuff on products they've made despite it being second hand/out of warranty.

I think I'd die before Gibson replaced the pickup in my EB bass for free (one of the coils is dead). Actually, I'd probably die before they bothered to reply to the message I sent to them about it last week. Gibson don't even let their UK dealers buy replacement pickups from them to sell to end users. I love/hate Gibson so much.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1421677078' post='2663845']
Asked me for all the usual warranty stuff - where bass purchased, serial number, date of purchase, proof of purchase, etc.

It's a start :)
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

Well knock me down with a feather, after explaining my tale of woe a friendly CS guy called Boris has offered to send me a replacement pickup "as a courtesy", which I think means for free, but don't void your warranty by being impatient and taking matters into your own hands again, you silly boy ;)

Don't I look daft now? Sowwy, Gibson, wuv ooo!