Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Musima 3/4 Double Bass - SOLD
£650

JamesB

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]East German laminate bass, 25-35 years old. Identified as an Eberhart Mienel student instrument from the late 70s or 80s. These were imported from Germany by Musima. Ebony was cheap then![/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Newly set up, re-fitted nut, bridge & soundpost. Lovely strident tone.[/font][/color]
[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Beautifully re-finished ebony fingerboard with easy action. Ebony tailpiece fitted with a pick up and jack socket.[/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]In overall good condition, bought from a peripatetic music teacher. I think the neck has been reset at some point, but no breaks and the angle is spot on.[/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Would benefit from new strings at some point as reflected in the price (the G is tied in a knot above the nut but holds its tuning fine).[/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]You're welcome to come over for a play.[/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,]£650 Ono. PM me for more pics or sound samples. Collection from Sherborne, Dorset[/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=Helvetica, Arial,][attachment=181622:photo 2.JPG][attachment=181623:photo 7.JPG][attachment=181624:photo 4.JPG][attachment=181625:photo 6.JPG][attachment=181626:photo 5.JPG][attachment=181622:photo 2.JPG][/font][/color]

Edited by JamesB

Have a bump on me. I used to have Meinel for a number of years - admittedly carved. It served me well and I rather miss it. Meinel quality is good and their basses have good projection. They are very well constructed.

Edited by bassace

• 3 weeks later...