Why become a member? ×

BOSS ME-50B

Shaun

the bassist in a band called lazy J used one up until very recently, and he sounded awesome

cant say iv ever used one tho

i prefer single effects muchly, but i did start out with a zoom 506II

i've been using an ME50 with guitars for the last couple of weeks - some of the stuff is really useful and i imagine if you spent time putting the patches together and got a non latching footswitch to switch up/down through patches it would be really good

using it on the hop isn't too hard although i still prefer single effects.

I've used an ME-50B for the last year or so, although I've just stopped using it in a band setting as I've just got a standalone compressor.
The Compressors in the ME-50B are great btw :)

Yeah the FX are cool! I assume that most of the technology is based on the single pedals anyway, so its going to sound good. The tuner is my only real gripe, again the technology is probably the same as the TU-2, but its got less LED's, and so therefore is less accurate.

I only really used it as an analog pedal, thats how its layed out, but it does have digital elements such as saving patch settings etc. But i have no time for that haha, much prefer my analogue stuff. And so if you need different FX during or between songs you need to physically bend down and turn the knobs or, like was mentioned above, get a latching footswitch. And you would need to program the settings for each effect to be remembered.

However, if you literally only have 2 or 3 sounds for the band, that don't vary, then its perfect!!
I use mine just for solo playing now.

If i was giving it a score, i'd go for a 7/10

Cool
Si

I tried one once and hated it TBH. Mind you, I only had about half an hour in its company. At the time, it struck me as being ten fuzzes, a crap synth and a couple of useful toys in a box. I dare say if I had time to get used to one, I'd find it a lot better than that though.